About the jobAscension Global Staffing and Executive Search is seeking a Corporate Attorney specializing in Privacy, Data Protection & Cybersecurity for our global client.
The firm's private client team is ranked top in our offices around the world by the leading legal directories and have won and been shortlisted for a number of well recognized awards over the years
The focus of this role will be on privacy and data protection compliance, vendor management/contract negotiation, and data incident response, as well as related issues such as data licensing and management; blockchain and cryptocurrency; and artificial intelligence/machine learning. A significant focus of this role will be on advising clients on US and international privacy and data security issues and compliance program implementation, including under GDPR, CCPA, TCPA, NY SHIELD, GLBA, and NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulations.
Skills And Experience Required
- Strong academic credentials
- Admitted to, and in good standing with the State Bar of New York and/or Connecticut
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a law firm's Data Protection/Privacy practice
- Strong drafting, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to interact in a professional manner with colleagues and clients
- Experience advising clients on privacy and security impacts of complex corporate and technology transactions
- Experience advising clients on preparing for, responding to and recovering from ransomware and other data incidents
- Knowledge of privacy and security compliance regulations under GDPR, CCPA and others
- Strong project management ability; ability to balance a large number of competing priorities
- Team player and motivated to succeed as a group
Skills And Experience Preferred
- IAPP Certification (CIPP)
- International experience a plus
- Experience with law enforcement and regulatory investigations a plus
COVID – 19 Vaccination Requirement
Our client requires all new hires to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds will be provided to qualified candidates. Candidates will be required to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for accommodation prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
The firm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
Desired Skills and ExperienceAttorney