About the job2057983
Fidelity Digital Asset Services is an emerging business unit dedicated to serving our existing institutional customers as well as a growing new customer base within the Fidelity enterprise. Fidelity Digital Assets offers a full-service enterprise-grade platform for securing, trading and supporting digital assets, such as bitcoin. Fidelity Digital Assets combines the operational and technical capabilities of the broader Fidelity organization with dedicated block chain expertise to deliver a completely new offering for institutional investors. Fidelity Investments is one of the world’s largest and most diversified financial services providers with more than $7.3 trillion in client assets under administration. Learn more at http://fidelitydigitalassets.com.
We’re looking for an Operational Process Excellence Senior Manager who is a results-oriented, team player with great interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively across departments and teams. This person will set a vision and strategy at the “capability” level and define initiatives accordingly for the Operations team. You ensure each initiative is heading toward the overall future state, in line with vision, customers, and market context. They understand delivery of business value at the portfolio level; change course based on feedback and changing consumer landscape. You serve as an advocate and subject matter expert for their assigned business area(s), working with clients, business partners and leadership to align solution delivery plans to business strategy and objectives. They actively reach out to the broader organization, clearly communicating on the vision and progress of the work. At the “initiative” level, you own short to medium-term planning for current and future Minimum Viable Features (MVFs). You direct the team toward achieving the vision and delivering real business value quickly and incrementally. They ruthlessly prioritize the work and continually search for ways to improve team efficiency. The Product Owner is always incorporating the voice of the customer into the product solution and providing timely feedback on stories, sprint planning, and prioritization activities.
As part of our team, you will be supporting strategic initiatives aimed at transforming our reconciliation environments with significant new functionality and automation to enhance efficiency, internal controls, oversight, reporting, analytics and the overall client experience.
- You will have a chance to work in a highly dynamic and team-oriented environment.
- You will have an opportunity to think creatively and develop innovative solutions to solve complex business challenges.
- You will share ideas and collaborate with associates and leaders across the entire organization.
The Expertise You Have
You will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in project management and Agile development methodologies to support the delivery of large, complex, mission-critical solutions with the appropriate level of planning and the right balance of agility and predictability.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 5+ years of related operational and management experience
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary, global project teams
- Skilled using data and insights to develop effective strategic product roadmaps
- A learning and growth mindset with a real passion for solving customer problems and delivering scalable database solutions and designs
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development and Design Thinking
- Strong cross-organizational, teaming and communications skills as well as an ability to work in a fluid and highly collaborative environment
- Focus on the importance of being detail oriented, accurate and concise
- Experience in the financial services and/or cryptocurrency trading and custody industry a plus
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
- Solid experience in capturing/writing epics, user stories, acceptance criteria and test plans
- Experience using project management tools such as Jira, Quality Center, Microsoft Project, Visio and all Office Tools
The Skills You Bring
- Your desire to be client-obsessed and dedicated to understanding client needs and requirements
- Your cross-functional leadership and teamwork skills to navigate a matrixed environment with a range of priorities and perspectives
- Your experience leading and empowering team members without formal management authority
- Your ability to lead a diverse, non-co-located agile team and constantly focus on delivering customer value in a highly complex and fast paced environment
- Your understanding and aptitude for working across various technology platforms
- Your data-driven approach to decision-making and making strategic trade-offs
- Your ability to innovate and take thoughtful risks in order to get things done better and faster
- Your creative approach to problem-solving; focus on details while maintaining a “big picture” view
- Your excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Your ability to think analytically and deliver innovative solutions to complex challenges
- Your proven ability to build and bring to bear internal and external networks
- Your knowledge of Agile and/or traditional project management principles and practices preferred
- Your ability to quickly assimilate new information and learn new business areas
- Your ability to identify problems, research issues, and provide options for resolution
- Your ability to multi-task and manage competing demands on your time
- Your ability to support projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
The Value You Deliver
The Operational Process Excellence Senior Manager is responsible for managing the team that supports, multiple, concurrent development initiatives and you play a critical role in requirements gathering sessions, documenting detailed epics, user stories, test scenarios, user acceptance test cases/test plans and liaising with stakeholders in the risk, compliance, legal, business and technology areas. You will work with team members globally to develop an expert understanding of the business processes and solutions you will support, and you will provide advice on appropriate methods, tools and processes to complete the required activities.
Included In The Value That You’ll Deliver Are
Our success as a firm is due to the personal responsibility and pride that our associates take in getting things just right, and the compassion that drives us to focus and commit to our customers and each other. This includes a focus on operational excellence.
- Developing deep domain expertise and understanding through your work on these initiatives
- Define roadmap and set an overall strategy/vision to direct and inform the team’s work - working closely with your chapter leader to understand and drive alignment on the business strategy, goals, and objectives
- Develop strong cross-company partnerships with business and technology partners in order to efficiently collaborate and move the work forward
- Deliver business results and customer value – define specific and measurable objectives for your squad and measure results
- Serve as the voice of client or end-user - representing client needs and requirements to ensure they are well-understood and integrated into the squad’s work
- Oversee deliverables – writing major epics, prioritizing work through a well-organized backlog of user stories, and clearly communicating priorities and achievements
- Support and enable the team to get work done - regularly engaging with the team to offer feedback on work-in-progress, clarify requirements
- Work to ensure the team members have required level of skills to deliver on the goals
- Working with Quality Assurance and business teams to ensure adequate test coverage of system changes/enhancements and ensure requirements are being met
- Documenting and performing testing in SIT and UAT environments to identify any defects
- Providing clear and concise communications to stakeholders
- Creating project documentation including current/future state diagrams, process flows, business requirements, test cases and issue tracking
- Supporting Product Managers by providing input to project plans and project statuses.
- Training new associates and assisting with expert knowledge on all production processes
- Triaging any defects identified by the businesses, as needed
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling "Dynamic Working."
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.