About the jobMilo’s Mission:
At Milo, we are reimagining the way global consumers access credit and financial services in a borderless world and are on the mission to build a digital bank for global & crypto consumers. We are the first digital home lending solution for global consumers who want to buy or cash out on their US real estate. Our platform is built to empower our consumers to navigate unique challenges in the US real estate investment process.
Our innovative Crypto solution is the first to bridge the physical and digital world. We are empowering investors to diversify in real estate without selling their cryptocurrency. We understand the importance of keeping your crypto & want you to keep the upside while investing in your wealth – our strategy matches yours - keeping HOLDing!
Milo was founded in 2018. We are a venture backed fintech headquartered in beautiful Miami. In Q1 2022, we closed the first crypto mortgage in the world and have been featured in Bloomberg, CNBC, Wall Street Journal and Forbes.
We’re ready to Unlock What’s Possible! Are you?
About the Role:
The Milo team is looking to hire a Product Designer with mastery of UX to help us create exceptional digital products for Milo's brand. As a Product Designer, you’ll set the vision for an end-to-end user experience, and strategically partner with other members of the product team to turn that vision into reality. You’ll partner closely with a multidisciplinary team to find practical, delightful solutions to design challenges. Above all, you are passionate about developing beautiful, meaningful, human-centered products that meet both user needs and business goals. You’ll use that passion to exceed team and user expectations, inspire your coworkers, and help us build our product capabilities.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- You will set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate
- Design the UX vision with wireframes, sitemaps and other architectural documentation
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and operations to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Work as an embedded team within Product to effectively collaborate in the exploration of new, innovative product ideas while measuring and iterating on existing features.
- Provide the leadership team and product team the right product strategy employing UX & UI best practices. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users
- Let data and users lead the way. Our users and our data informs our design decisions. Our teams focus on listening to users, investigating data (google analytics, hot jar, pathing reports) which ultimately guide us to the best design solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people.
- Own the design of intuitive experiences that are grounded in, and directly mapped to, business requirements and user needs.
- Apply UI design to the overall experience adhering to our current brand guidelines, build out components and evolve our existing design system
- 3+ years proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role in product design
- Experience designing for all devices, and interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Confident and comfortable presenting to internal clients and ideation sessions and team workshops that employ user centered design and design thinking practices
- Ability to align multiple stakeholders and comfortable giving and receiving critical design feedback and defending the “why” behind the designs
- Passionate about being a part of an integral part of solving complex problems with elegant, simple and easy-to-use solutions
- Committed to meeting deadlines and skilled at handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience creating prototypes & well versed with Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage data and ensure data quality (completeness & accuracy)
- Self-motivated and able to drive initiatives from end-to-end
- An entrepreneurial mindset with excellent organizational skills, the ability to be flexible, & prioritize responsibilities
- Curiosity, willingness to learn, positive attitude, and self-thought mentality is a must
- Experience in Fintech, the mortgage industry, Real Estate, Real Estate Tech, or a startup environment
- Passion and understanding of cryptocurrencies
- Understanding of foreign national consumers
- Multilingual (English, Spanish, & Portuguese) a plus
We're self-starters who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we do. Our culture is high output and low drama—doing great work, constantly improving and celebrating our success. If you've got vision, drive, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude, you'll fit right in. The Milo team is creating new technology solutions that are both elegant and scalable, and if that fires you up, join us!
Our Core Values:
Always do what is right and fair - for our clients, our partners, and our company.
Simple, Fast, & Obvious
Create simple solutions. Move Fast. Build trust through the process.
Our team is always learning! We’re not afraid to ask questions, make mistakes, and find new ways.
We work hard through our challenges, commit to a plan, and never give up in the process!
Our Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation to the market and tech ecosystem
- Stock options, giving you ownership in our fast-growing company!
- Generous vacation policy with 4 weeks PTO per year, encouraging our employees to disconnect, relax, & reenergize
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance with up to $1,000 of premiums covered per month
- Option to save for your future and enroll into our 401K program
- Your choice of equipment for you to get your job done!
- Fully stocked kitchen & fridge -- with all the coffee, seltzers, & snacks you’ll need to fuel yourself through the day
- New office in the heart of Brickell with a fun, energetic, & hardworking team committed to creating a product making a difference
- Monthly social hours including virtual game nights, ping pong tournaments, happy hours, etc
- Quarterly out of office team-building events
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Milo provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.