About the jobJob Description
GS Accelerate is a firmwide platform to foster innovation and collaboration across Goldman Sachs, with a focus on the firm’s future growth. Accelerate focuses on building brand new businesses for GS, while offering employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
We are building a new digital business that is a ground-up on-cloud engineering project. As such, we are focused on creating a dynamic, flexible environment that can rapidly create and deliver. Our #1 business principle is "Our clients' interests always come first. Our experience shows that if we serve our clients well, our own success will follow". Every customer is given maximum attention to understand their needs. We adopt the most appropriate approach to drive the business of the customer or institution towards the desired growth. We apply the same approach to the way we build digital products and deliver customer-centric, world class products through the collaborative work we do in Product Management.
We are looking an experienced Product Manager, who will maintain close relationships with our clients and all stakeholders (users, business leadership, developers, research, design, etc.) in a dynamic environment to define and deliver the product end-to-end. We expect the successful candidate to be familiar with product development and management and to have a proven track record in actively contributing to the delivery of platforms from inception to completion. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about working with end users to specify requirements and elicit feedback in addition to driving build and execution. We are looking for a talented and passionate Product Manager who thrives in an extremely entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. This is a high visibility role, backed by some of the senior-most leaders of the firm, and as such, will require creativity and drive to deliver on an ambitious road-map.
How will you fulfil your potential?
As a Product Manager at Goldman Sachs, you will be working cross-functionally from conception through launch, growth and maturity of the product by connecting the technical and business worlds to meet our customers at their needs. You will break down complex problems into steps that drive product development and release adopting the principals of a phased approach and by leveraging agile methodologies.
- Understand and represent customer needs and define product vision
- Develop product strategy and roadmap by incorporating data, user research and market analysis
- Align stakeholders across the organization and industry around the product vision
- Balance creative vision with technical feasibility, repeatedly pushing our software to the edge of what's possible
- Breakdown complex problems into steps to derive product development
- Drive delivery through agile scrums and escalate risks early on
- Partner with stakeholders to track and deliver on key OKRs
- Manage product backlog, prioritize deliverables, and ensure deadlines are met
- Lead the release planning including testing and release communication
- Be the product champion across the organization and industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of previous work experience as a Product Manager
- Experience managing an entire product's lifecycle, from conception to launch
- Experience in building and managing product team
- Experience in blockchain and crypto currency technologies
- Ability to communicate complex problems and roadmaps to stakeholders
- Strong collaboration skills with design and engineering peers, and stakeholders
- Comfortable with Agile processes using JIRA, with an emphasis on writing high-quality acceptance criteria and eliciting requirements
- Self-directed team player, ability to drive high performance and work independently or in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set, meet and exceed targets
- Technical background
- Experience building financial products
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity