Uphold is now the fastest-growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area, according to the San Francisco Business Times Fast Track 100, 2022. Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratize investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley company today has more than 8 million customers in over 150 countries with an impressive 50x increase in Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between the old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 currencies, cryptocurrencies, precious metals and equities instantly. An engineering-led company with a social inclusion agenda, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best talent
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Acting as the user-advocate during the whole product development life-cycle, subjecting early-stage designs to expert review, and offering suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Providing input and feedback on issues relating to the products, contributing towards product strategy and vision.
- Writing comprehensive documentation for the different products with specifications and user stories, assuring the readability and accessibility across all departments in the company.
- Collaborating with leaders of multidisciplinary teams to execute on business objectives, defining how features will contribute to the roadmap.
- Taking high-level product ideas from conceptualization to commercialization, working with relevant departments to establish timeframes, expectations, feasibility, and alignment.
- Gathering and evaluating users’ feedback, ideas, and opinions
- Continuously researching and learning about the users, market, competitors
- and similar products.
- Executing in a fast-paced environment.
*Remote/East Coast preferred
- Degree in Business, Technology or related field.
- Have at least 3 years of experience working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst/scientist,
- or user researcher.
- Very strong communication skills, written and spoken, with high emotional intelligence.
- Metrics-driven to identify the key success indicators for the different products.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Analytical skills to examine internal and external data.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business, such as engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Knowledge on how to conduct user interviews and gather feedback directly from customers.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
Experience working in fintech or finance-related topics
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us better.