About the jobJob Description
Rakuten Blockchain Lab is a development team that specializes in blockchain technology. To encourage experimentation and implementation of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency in Rakuten group services, we work on the development of a blockchain platform, consultation, and joint development projects with businesses in Rakuten group.
Not only the cryptocurrency exchange “Rakuten Wallet“ which started in August 2019 and the NFT marketplace “Rakuten NFT“ which started in February 2022, but we also aim to support the use of blockchain technology in over 70 services and ecosystem platforms in Rakuten group, like E-commerce, Fintech, Digital Content, and Mobile.
We believe that there are unique opportunities in Rakuten group of utilizing blockchain technology because Rakuten group has a global ecosystem that includes various services and a strong loyalty point program.
Rakuten Blockchain Lab was established in Belfast (UK) in August 2016, and around 20 engineers work for the system development in the Belfast office now. In addition to the development of individual projects, we build a platform called "Rakuten Blockchain Platform" that provides REST APIs to allow web engineers in Rakuten group to utilize blockchain technology easily, and the platform supports both enterprise blockchains and public blockchains.
The team in Tokyo office, the small team with around 5 members, works to drive project planning and execution with interaction with business units in Rakuten group and cooperation with the engineering team in Belfast.
Why We Hire
The penetration of blockchain technology into society is rapidly increasing with the appearance of the concept of Web3, in addition to the growth of new markets like NFT and Security Token. Accordingly, opportunities for blockchain projects are also increasing in Rakuten group, so we would like to welcome a person who can drive project planning and execution strongly.
We would like you to develop and drive projects in the Tokyo office by interacting with business units in Rakuten group and cooperating with the engineering team in Belfast.
- Development project lead & management, requirement definition, design & development support
- Planning & proposal, promotion, consultation, and relationship development to Rakuten businesses
- Research of latest market & product trend
- Exploring opportunities for effective partnerships with external companies
- Planning and execution of a strategy for Rakuten Blockchain Lab
- Strong interest in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency
- Knowledge and understanding of the latest market trend in web service
- Knowledge and understanding of businesses and services in Rakuten Group
- Experience in leading a project including product development from planning to completion
- Strong communication skill and documentation skill to facilitate discussion with various stakeholders
- Strong planning & proposal skill based on knowledge and understanding of business and product
- A person who can consider the value of utilizing blockchain technology and cryptocurrency deeply
- A person who can plan a project with both business and technical perspectives
- A person who can take aggressively on multiple roles to drive a project in the small team
- A person who can define issues in a project and try to solve them with proactive communication with people from diverse backgrounds
Additional information on English Qualification
- Japanese: Fluent Level (Listening, Reading, Speaking, Writing, including Kanji)
- English: Business Level (Listening, Reading, Speaking, Writing)
#business #technologymanagement #producer #productmanager #serviceplanner #technologymanagementdiv
English (Overall - 2 - Intermediate), Japanese (Overall - 4 - Fluent)