Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - North America (TimeZone: HAST/CKT | Full day overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 – $110/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Our client is looking for someone who can overlap with Hawaiian Standard Time.
Here are the highlights of what they are looking for.
Our client is looking for someone to work across multiple agile teams to organize application development efforts who has recent experience managing IT development efforts in a scrum environment (Project Manager, not Program Manager resource).
This person would need to be able to work Hawaii (HST) working hours.
What will this person be working on?
In this role, you will lead the technical implementation of our Loyalty program related capabilities for a large strategic development effort. You will play a key part in the delivery of core experiences, working across multiple teams and functions as part of a large, cross organizational program.
Organize application development efforts across multiple agile teams
Drive alignment on project deliverables across other IT and business teams
Be the glue between the IT teams and the broader Program Management Team
Define, plan, track, coordinate and communicate product development work and status across sprints and agile development teams
Manage risks, technical constraints and influence overall delivery timelines.
Experience – Mandatory
7 years of experience in IT project and program management, including managing large-scale IT projects or programs of significant complexity and value (> $5MM) with high risk
Experience managing IT projects in a digital experience domain area (Web, Native Mobile)
A foundational understanding of current technology: MS Project , MS Office ,SharePoint, Teams, Atlassian - Confluence, JIRA, Azure Dev Ops
Experience - Nice to have
Experience with managing projects in the airline or travel industry
Experience with airline Passenger Sales Systems
The Program/Project Management (PPM) job family has breadth and
depth of understanding IT and multiple business units and is
responsible for the creation of program/project deliverables on time
and within budget. The PPM job family directs and coordinates the team
members including sub-project managers, business/technology
resources, user groups, internal/external consultants, contractors,
vendors, external regulatory organizations, and has to end to end
accountability for the successful completion of the program/project.
- Solid stakeholder management and influencing skills, effective at the senior executive level
- Provide leadership, motivation, coaching, and professional
development for project teams to obtain a high level of co-
operation and contribution from all project members
- Establish and maintain project plans across multiple projects
- Authority to approve the selection of project/program team
- Plan, prepare, and maintain project schedules, by combining
estimated activity durations and risks, to meet standards
- Display expert team leadership capability and handles conflict
- Participate and engage with the appropriate matrix areas for the
construction and delivery of the solution
- Understands all project management activities involved in the
- Creates sufficient supporting documentation to ensure the
the success of the project
- Interacts with business representatives and other business
partners, including vendors, to ensure that the project is
positioned for success
- Identify project drivers, and constraints
- Accurately plans and manages their individual work assignments
- Create and own the plan consisting of staffing, budgets, roles and
responsibilities, assumptions, dates, deliverables, metrics and
- Manage project risks
- Estimate the work based on effort, not calendar time
- Demonstrates courage and self-confidence in dealing with
project issues and in escalating required project/program issues
- Ensure end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly
articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Rigorously manage project(s) scope to ensure commitments are
achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Authority to manage project budget up to value of the
approved funding (typically up to $10MM)
- Use proper planning and monitoring techniques to control
project or program costs
- Manage differences in scope, schedule, and cost priorities
between projects, various stakeholder groups and project teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (in lieu of degree – 11 years of experience
in IT project and program management)
- 7 years of experience in IT project and program management,
including managing large-scale IT projects or programs of
significant complexity and value (> $5MM) with high risk
- Valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute
- Proven experience working with remote teams
- Experience with both traditional waterfall software development
processes and Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Ability to deal with complex business or technical issues while
maintaining an overall project perspective
- Knowledgeable of the Software Development Life Cycle process
and manage it
- Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body of Knowledge)
- Expert knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project,
- SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable)
- Excellent relationship management and consulting skills
- Expert change leadership and management skills
- Expert risk management skills
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Sound business and technical acumen, with demonstrated ability in learning and ability
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.