Contour is building the global standard for trade by bringing together the world's banks, corporates and ecosystem partners, onto a common, digital, and trusted network. Powered by innovation, trust and collaboration, Contour uses decentralised technology to offer seamless integration with market-leading digital document systems and other digital networks, enabling frictionless data-flow across the entire trade ecosystem.
Contour’s Engineering team works with the latest in blockchain technology to bring innovative solutions to the trade finance industry. We strongly believe in continuous improvement and are continually looking at ways to enhance our product through tools and technology.
Context of the role:
Reporting to the Head of QA, the QA Engineer will be responsible for analysing requirements and executing test cycles of our platform and to build a fully automated, performant testing pipeline . They are expected to be diligent and effective in assessing risk and impact and to produce plans to address and mitigate identified risks. They will have a track record of correctly selecting automated or manual testing techniques as appropriate for the individual test case and be experienced in working across an entire platform implementation with a willingness to deeply understand and own particular areas. They will have experience working in enterprise software firms where releases and software development lifecycles are the backbone of their work. The majority of their engineering experience will be from working in agile environments where software engineers, testers, product managers and DevOps work closely together
- The QA team is responsible for the overall quality of our software
- Test Automation:
- Conduct testing via the UI and API through the use of automated functional tests suites
- Contribute towards our bespoke test automation frameworks
- Ensure quality controls throughout the SDLC and the build pipeline for:
- Unit Test Coverage
- Static Code Analysis
- Security Auditing
- Code Formatting
- Functional Testing
- Integration Testing
- E2E Testing
- Create and maintain quality related related documentation
- Ensure quality related build artifact's are produced and sufficient
- Work with the product owners and development team to refine requirements
- Diligently identify issues and track resolution
- Experience using and/or contributing to bespoke test automation frameworks for UI and API testing.
- Experience with libraries supporting automation testing (Selenium Webdriver, WebdriverIO, jUnit, TestNG, RestAssured, Mocha, Chai, UnitTest, Pytest, etc).
- Setting up build and test pipeline with CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Bitbucket Pipeline, Github Actions, Gitlab)
- Understand how to publish and manage artifact with a remote repository (Artifactory, Nexus, etc)
- Knowledge of web servers, application servers & container technology.
- Understand how modern web applications work with a RESTful style API’s, as well as message queues.
- Understand how to setup, deploy, run and monitor software applications.
- Knowledge of cloud based infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Experience planning for and executing end-to-end functional and non-functional tests
- Self-starter and creative
- At least 2 years experience as a QA Engineer or Software Engineer.