About the job
Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets, providing market-leading infrastructure in addition to custody, trading and prime brokerage solutions.
Our award-winning custody application leverages the genius of multi-party computation (MPC) encryption and can be configured to support cold, warm, and hot wallet solutions.
Asset managers are further protected by our pioneering ClearLoop network, which enables off-exchange trading and settlement at tier-1 digital asset exchanges. An offering enhanced by the availability of uncollateralised lending.
Copper's secure wallet architecture is available as a standalone application, a mobile app, and a browser extension for smart contract signing. With an easy to navigate interface, market making liquidity, and a team always ready to assist you, Copper will change the way you look at crypto.
Our culture is based on innovation, enthusiasm and above all else collaboration.
The QA team at Copper is essential to the progression of Copper’s products and is an integral part of the engineering team. The QA engineers explore Copper’s architecture, designs, and codebase in order to identify potential problems, designing and implementing solutions to guide our engineers, ensuring our software meets the highest standards. You will be coaching and leading the adoption of different testing techniques on the engineering team, contributing to the development of an autonomous teams that deliver high quality software.
- You will join as a part of the product development team, participating in every stage of product and feature development - from requirements, to build, to release, to iteration and support
- Lead quality assurance process adoption within your team by coaching them
- Act as a mentor and a role model for quality within the team
- Review and ensure test processes are followed and features are properly tested following the testing pyramid
- You will be working in a complex environment (e.g. trading / blockchain / DeFi) and adapting well to changes
Your experience, skills, and knowledge – what we need from you
- In-depth knowledge of QA methodologies, processes and best practises
- Ability to drive forward and coach team on all areas of quality engineering
- Strong understanding of the test pyramid
- Strong technical knowledge with different approaches to the phases of manual testing
- Automation experience and hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Strong experience testing API’s, back-end services, databases, messaging services and UI’s.
- Expertise with the Shift Left approach
- Understanding of the full development lifecycle
- Basic knowledge of OOP fundamentals
- Self-driven, analytical, problem-solving skills and a team player
- Proactivity. Thinking out of the box and contributing to continuous improvements and anticipating potential issues.
Strong preference for
- Experience working in Fintech, financial services or on blockchain projects; blockchain integrations, cryptocurrency wallets and custody applications, exchanges, blockchain data processing, DeFi, smart contracts, etc
Our core tech, tools, and languages
- Software development languages: Java, Scala, and Node.js
- Architecture: Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Cloud: AWS, CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes
- Interservice communication: Rest, Rabbit MQ, HTTP
- Storage: PostgreSQL, Mongo DB
- Bi-annual bonus incentive
- Employee Growth Share equity incentive
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holiday entitlement (increasing by one day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Private medical and dental care
- Pension with matched contribution, up to 10% of salary
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme
- Regular game nights, quiz nights, cinema nights and cultural events
- An annual Copper Summit (This year was Lisbon!)
- Breakfast and refreshments in the office
- Limited edition Copper swag