About the jobAbout Us
Tech Alchemy is the highest blockchain agency in the world. In the past year we have built products featured by Apple, Amazon and BBC. We have helped raise over £20m and exited twice.
We’re a group of designers, developers and data scientists accelerating hand picked start-ups. Our services cover multiple parallels including concept design, branding, software development, business analysis, and funding.
We're looking for a React Developer with previous experience of working on software products with a focus on Web Platforms, Websites and Admin Panels. Minimum of 3+ years of experience is required.
As a member of the Tech Alchemy team, you will be exposed to exciting start-up projects across many industries such as Finance, Health, Hospitality, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. Most start-up products vary in scope and key business goals with stakeholders are often open to developmental ideas. You should combine technical, communicative and analytical skills and also enjoy mentoring junior staff, code reviewing and engineering culture.
- Work in a fluid Agile process, with a sprint based focus on accurate estimations, quality deliverables and responding to feedback.
- Collaborate with other team members to implement and ship new features.
- This would be vital when tasked with recreating designs faithfully from Figma files shared by the design team.
- Analyse requirements and design to implement appropriate solutions.
- Be aware of situational blockers and propose the best approach to overcome them.
- Take ownership of the stability of your code and where necessary collaborate closely with our QA team to uncover edge cases or hard to find issues.
- Write maintainable code, with unit and integration tests where appropriate.
- Give constructive feedback relating to team performance, with the aim to improve on work culture.
- You will be working closely with an exceptionally talented and geographically dispersed team.
- Been involved in implementing tech products consumed by 1,000+ end users.
- Familiar with Agile process via JIRA, Confluence.
- Comfortable working across various feature branches and submitting pull requests.
- Familiar with Git and source code control.
- Have a keen eye for design and UX.
- Experience of React 16/17
- Ability to produce responsive UIs to efficiently query data and also manage states in an optimised manner.
- Experience working with remote APIs.
- Experience with unit and integration testing (Jasmine and Karma).
- Fundamentals in OO-design, data structures, and problem solving. UI/UX/Animation experience.
- Should have experience with Push Notifications, Websockets (Socket.io or MQTT).
- Good understanding of networking protocols and concepts like REST, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Experience with using external 3rd party libraries: Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Intercom etc.
- Experience working on an app with payment integration (E. g. PayPal, Stripe etc).
- Experience with CI/CD, Test Driven Development and BDD.
- Experience with AWS Serverless (Lambda) or Micro-service architecture.
- Great English communication skills as well as collaboration skills and a strong teamwork mentality.
- Experience working in Ionic on Mobile products.
- Any back-end development experience (Node / Express, Firebase, API work or data engineering).
- Any API Testing experience (E. g. using Postman to create Test Suites).
- Experience with RxJava or Dependency Injection frameworks.
- A very competitive starting salary
- 28 days of holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday
- Personal development allowance for courses, conferences or anything else to help you progress
- The latest equipment that you will need for your role
- Large office right near Shoreditch High Street Station
- Flexible working hours and work from home days
- Unlimited upward potential
- Coffee, tea and snacks always available
- Team lunches and social events regularly