About the jobAbout Republic
Republic is a financial technology firm that allows everyone to invest in private markets. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and is comprised of a community of over 1.5M users across 100 countries. Republic is backed by dozens of leading investment firms and financial institutions and its affiliated entities have co-invested with the best names in venture and private equity. Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join Republic Crypto’s Advisory Services team, focusing on our Asia based clients, primarily in Korea. You will work cross functionally and be responsible for guiding our clients through the (1) design of their token, including the blockchain that it lives on, token utilities, and characteristics, (2) the tokenomics and economic design of their token, both in their product and on the open market, and (3) the private fundraising and business development efforts leading up to their launch - including investor introduction, strategic approach, and pitch preparation.
An understanding of Korean business practices, and the ability to communicate effectively in Korean is required.
Republic Crypto is broken down into 3 main business segments;
- Advisory - which focuses on working closely with clients and partners to design a token (digital asset), corresponding value delivery models, and marching them towards successful private fundraising events (with that newly developed digital asset and value proposition.
- Tokenization - which focuses on the engineering (token generation events or TGEs ) and the distribution of digital assets. In addition, the Tokenization team works to deliver ancillary smart contract technologies that are imperative for the success of our client’s and partner’s digital asset
- Token Sales - which focuses on the public sale of digital assets via the Republic platform and by way of various regulatory structures and investment instruments.
These sales are conducted in a legally compliant and secure manner, which is one of Republic Crypto’s major competitive advantages
What You’ll Do
- Build a strong relationship with the client ; be a trusted advisor and the primary point of contact for their goals, questions, requests, escalations, and concerns
- Deliver strategic advisory for clients to all things related to Business Development, Fundraising and Blockchain/Web3
- Formulate well-thought-out opinions on the crypto space, based on knowledge and prior experience of the blockchain industry
- Facilitate and drive workshop/meeting agendas towards positive outcomes and deliverables
- Work closely with Project Managers to set a proper framework to execute on and collaborate on deliverables
- Continuously liaise with the U.S. team and local partners to communicate effectively and translate between Korean and English when necessary
- Define and communicate scope, roadmap and deliverables with client and internal teams
- Make well-intentioned decisions related to client’s goals, expectations, and execution
- Develop an understanding of the client’s fundraising needs in order to make strategic and thoughtful introductions to partners and investors
- Drive all meetings in collaboration with both internal and external teams to drive the project forward towards important milestones and deliverables
- Keep close track of any contract updates and renewals, responsible for making sure the client pays on time.
Our ideal candidate
- 5+ years experience in a consulting or project management role, and coordinating complex project deliveries with external clients
- Proficiency with blockchains, smart contracts, and cryptocurrencies
- Experience working within the blockchain industry or related
- General understanding and knowledge of key Blockchain/Web 3 players in the Asian/Korean market
- Strong ability to build customer relationships with excellent communication & presentation skills in Korean and English with a general understanding of the Korean culture
- A gregarious individual who enjoys collaboration and can coordinate with others to deliver on both individual and team projects
- The ability to contribute strategically as well as tactically, building and managing the solutions designed
- Experience using DeFi and other crypto-native web3 protocols
- Experience and familiarity with finance and markets
- Fluency in both Korean and English
- Bonus Skills:
- Bachelor’s, MBA or related business management and strategy degree
- Engineering background and familiarity with code repository management and best practices
- A zealot for crypto and the future tokenization of all assets
The business is accelerating at a rapid pace. Republic is a venture-backed company with real traction across crowdfunding, private investing options and crypto. We recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners.
Attracting and retaining the very best people is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer our team best-in-class benefits, including fully-subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance, a 4% 401(k) match, free access to Talkspace, weekly virtual meditation sessions, a monthly wellness stipend up to $200, quarterly swag bonuses, free lunch for anyone in the office, equipment stipends for eligible remote employees, and more. Seriously–we don’t mess around when it comes to taking care of our own.