Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.66 billion in loan capital for 4.1 million borrowers in 77 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. - Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don't say it mean. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
We are looking for an Annual Fund Manager to join Kiva’s Marketing team to be responsible for generating revenue from existing and potential mid-tier donors and strengthening the mid-tier donor pipeline. The Annual Fund Manager will develop and implement a calendarized plan of annual giving strategies and tactics, draft annual giving appeals and acknowledgements, prepare and analyze reports to track annual giving progress, and adjust strategies and tactics accordingly, all for the mid-tier donor population.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Annual Fund Manager will use their knowledge of development and track record of building positive relationships within the philanthropic community to succeed in this role. The Annual Fund Manager will work with Kiva’s Strategic Partnership team to contribute to the development of Kiva’s overall annual giving strategy and to identify and develop mid-tier donors into potential major gifts donors, as well.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan and execute annual mid-tier donor giving strategies and tactics
- Draft annual mid-tier giving appeals and acknowledgements
- Prepare and analyze reports to track mid-tier annual giving progress and guide adjustments to strategies/tactics
- Build and manage a portfolio of mid-tier donors/prospects capable of making cash and/or stock gifts at mid-tier giving levels
- Document work with prospects accurately and promptly in internal databases
- Nurture relationships with mid-tier prospects and donors and connect them to the Strategic Partnership team as appropriate
- 3+ years experience in nonprofit fundraising, development, marketing, or a related field
- Proficiency with CRM software
- Demonstrated track record in managing individual or corporate giving campaigns
- Demonstrated capacity to cultivate relationships with donors through a variety of marketing and outreach channels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to work independently with multifaceted demands
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, professional development, 401k matching, generous PTO, and more.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
- Salary range: $58K - $91K; a final offer will be dependent upon a candidate’s location, skills and experience.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.