About the job
Working Location: Remote
Salary: 4,000 - 5,000 $
Roles and Skills: Senior Software Engineer (Nodejs, Reactjs, React & Redux)
Job overview and responsibility
Work should be challenging.
Your work should challenge the status quo.
You should be defining the future, not being dependent on it.
You don’t like it safe, and prefer to swim in the deep end, while figuring things out.
You want to be an avant-garde.
If this resonates with you, then you’ll fit right in here at Propine.
Propine is re-inventing capital markets using blockchain technology. We’ve worked with Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), to become the first licensed custodian for digital assets in the world.
We are re-imagining the issuance and life cycle management of capital market products like equities, debt, structured products and funds using blockchain technology, to reduce friction and increasing value accrual for both issuers and investors.
This role requires you to have a ‘do-whatever-it-takes’ mindset and learn to operate just outside the limit of your comfort zone. If this excites you, but also makes you a bit nervous, then you might be the right fit.
You will work directly with the CTO and will be part of the Engineering team. You will communicate and collaborate across the organization to:
Develop and maintain our products
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features that will transform the capital markets.
- Implement support for various blockchain architectures and integrate our applications to various native blockchains
- Design & deliver thoughtfully crafted REST APIs, interfaces and database schemas to ensure scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Developing internal back-office website applications: front-to-back, i.e. UX, DB, APIs.
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that are scalable. Contribute to test automation within an agile team
- Participate in and contribute actively to architecture reviews, code reviews, design reviews, postmortems, and raise the bar for engineering best practices across the team.
- Document changes and guides for the applications
Setup and maintenance of infrastructure
- Setup and secure blockchain nodes, wallets and application servers
- Write scripts to automate the deployment of infrastructure
- Perform regular maintenance on servers and nodes to ensure business continuity
- On-call rotation for incidents
- Document steps and processes for the setup and maintenance of infrastructure
Provide technical support
- Provide technical support for our customers
- Perform operational duties on a rotational basis
- Document operational processes
Governance and Compliance
- Follow defined processes to ensure that compliance is met
Knowledge on digital assets
- Keeping abreast of the developments in cryptocurrencies and digital assets
- Document solutions for common problems
- Provide technical support for our operations team to solve operational issues
Required skills and experiences
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is a must.
- 4-6 years of experience in hands-on coding.
- Minimum experience in Node.js around 6 months to 1 year.
- Comfortable with database technology: e.g., MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience in managing Linux servers is very important.
- Foundation level knowledge and programming experience with Bitcoin, Ethereum or other crypto currencies is a must
- Experience building and deploying applications and services into cloud environments (AWS stack)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment with high adaptability and flexibility
- You have professional experience working in an agile development environment.
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities with proven design skills, able to think critically of the current system in terms of growth and stability.
Preferred skills and experiences
- Experience working with start-ups preferred.
- Ruby on Rails experience is nice to have
Why Candidate should apply this position
- Learn from the best:
+ CTO has 2 successful exits before
+ CEO has rich experience in cryptocurrency and finance
- They can gain knowledge and experience in blockchain technologies, applied cryptography and security.
- Excellent and competitive salary package
- Opportunities to gain hands-on experience in cutting-edge technologies.
- Flexible working hours, 5 work days per week, 15 annual leave days.
- Salary review based on performance upon request.
- Macbook provided upon request for employee.
- Health insurance provided
- Unlimited potential for career growth because we are small and fast growing.
Talk with CTO > Home assignment > Talk with CEO [May shuffle the round order]