We are on a mission to help Brands enter this new market, while providing fans with a reference marketplace to purchase, trade, and showcase NFTs issued by Luxury brands. In essence, Exclusible sits at the intersection of Luxury, and 3 generation-defining trends: gaming, blockchain and metaverse.
Exclusible was formed in July 2021 by a team of serial entrepreneurs with deep backgrounds in crypto and luxury. We raised a €2.2m seed round in August from several venture capital investors, including Tioga Capital, White Star, Indico Capital, Shilling, as well as prominent business angels such as Formula E champion Félix da Costa. Exclusible is incorporated in Portugal, with most of our team located in the Lisbon / Cascais area. But we also have team members working from the US, France and Switzerland - we are a remote-first company.
We are looking for talented and motivated people who are willing to support the company structuration for growth and success while keeping growing their own skills.
The Backend Developer will be part of the Engineering Team.
- Participate in the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of Exclusible applications and domains.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to align and communicate the team's development and delivery process.
- Influence the decision towards a decentralized microservice architecture of the Exclusible backend services.
- Deliver high-quality software features that meet coding and design patterns best practices.
- Follow DevOps best practices – including continuous integration and unit testing, You build it, you ship it.
- Contribute to setting the engineering best practices in writing maintainable and scalable code and influencing the team decisions.
- Emphasize on the team's operational excellence through automation and relevant operational best practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify the technical requirements independently, assessing development estimates and design options.
- Create new solutions and components that are meant to answer a global scale
- Help developing a scalable and sustainable system throughout all our web and mobile products.
- Contribute to the development of a Developers Cookbook using diagrams and reusable modules in order to create generic components.
- Contribute to the update and maturity of our teams software development process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven working experience in backend development for at least 4 years
- You have experience in NodeJS including ExpressJS framework and related technologies.
- You have experience with relational databases e.g. Postgres
- You have experience with building APIs e.g. GraphQL architecture
- You have experience with asynchronous communication.
- You are ideally familiar with agile methodologies, e.g. SCRUM or KANBAN
- You love to get things done and are goal oriented.
- Strong understanding of web technology concepts: HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs, etc
- Strong understanding of information security concepts and concerns: such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
- Design and business acumen: You understand requirements, whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to delightful user experience. You’re also comfortable driving development from a sketch to a polished product
- You are adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- You are excited to learn from and teach others;
- You enjoy getting involved with every stage of the software development lifecycle.
- You have previous experience working in a Test Driven environment and understand the benefits.
- You are comfortable pair programming and working in a trunk-based development environment; practicing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- You see the value in developers owning production software and view failure as a chance to learn.
- Fluency in English is mandatory, fluency in Portuguese and/or French is a plus.
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience handling cryptocurrencies and collecting NFTs.
- Exclusible is a start-up so the ideal candidate must be adaptable to start-up environments, wit a roll-up your sleeves mentality. Team-spirit, positive attitude and seeing solutions rather than problems are a must!
We would also appreciate if:
- Dev-ops experience is a big plus (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Solid Infrastructure Experience is a big plus (AWS & DevOps)
- Familiarity with Test-driven development is a plus
- Web3 Integration and experience with smartcontracts
- Passionate about clean and well-documented code
- You have experience creating experimentation-heavy, content-driven websites where performance and usability matter most
- You have experience building large-scale, device-responsive websites that are long-lived and have an app-like feel