Backend Engineer (Full remote (Under Covid-19); Japanese AND English) (Job ID: 12855)
About the job
- Backend Engineer; Tokyo
- Product: Virtual currency sales and exchange
- Japanese: Beginner/N5/N4
- Full remote (Under Covid-19)
- Salary: 4M-15M JPY
Who you will work with
- As a leader in bitcoin and blockchain industry, the company operates a comprehensive platform that includes virtual currency exchanges, sales venues, and peripheral services.
- Founded in January 2014, the company has raised approximately 4 billion yen in funding and has over 2 million users. It also has offices in San Francisco and Luxembourg, respectively, where it operates virtual currency services. The company is the only exchange in the world with licenses in Japan, the US, and Europe (according to the company's research).
- It is a spin off of the functions of the blockchain business that existed within the company, and is engaged in the planning, design, development, and operation and management of services that utilize blockchain technology.
- Foreign employees already employed
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Official Language is English
Roles and responsibilities
- General backend systems for virtual currency exchanges (C#, ASP.NET)
- Lead the software architecture
- Improve the knowledge level of the engineering organization through proactive knowledge transfer
- Design and develop APIs for web and applications
- Development of new products, etc.
- NET Framework, ASP.NET (C#) development experience of at least 3 years
- At least 3 years of database experience
- At least 5 years of experience in system development
- Web API development experience
*Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan
What you’ll get in return
- 4M-15M JPY
What you need to do now
- If you are interested in this role then click ‘apply now’
Should this role not be for you but you are still interested in mid-career roles in Japan (and you have a valid visa), please send your CV to [email protected] and/or visit https://www.active-connector.com/ to register and explore the positions we currently have available.
Who We Are
- Active-Connector works with innovative Japanese companies aiming to promote genuine diversity and push for a better work environment. The companies we work with are often StartUps in the tech sector who are always on the lookout for international professionals to help them take their business to the next level. We work with revolutionary risk-takers who want to create a positive impact and change how the world perceives Japan as a closed and traditional society. We carefully choose to work with Japanese companies who share our vision and values in one way or another.