We are looking for a mid-to senior-level backend engineer to join our team.
In this role, you will work closely with other engineers to build an integrated DeFi trading experience. If you enjoy technical challenges and solving problems, building useful applications that scale, and working remotely in a fast paced start-up environment, then we hope you consider applying.
Vertex Protocol is committed to building capital-efficient and user-focused decentralized applications that replaces the need to use centralized counterparts.
Our first product will integrate the DeFi stack into one robust, composable protocol that gives users the same experience as centralized exchanges without needing to go off-chain. After recently closing our seed round, we’ve gathered support from major market players and are excited to focus our efforts on building the financial applications of tomorrow. You will not be bored working at Vertex.
Who we are
A small but passionate team of engineers and operators with backgrounds in crypto and TradFi. Our team is fully remote and work across multiple time zones. We value collaboration, problem-solving, and shipping products that make meaningful contributions to the ecosystem.
- Full time
- Write efficient, readable, and clean code
- Build smart contracts to support decentralized exchanges, derivatives, money markets and staking products.
- Build and maintain backend infrastructure to support a highly performant protocol
- Continuously improve the developmental process
- Take ownership over backend and smart contract features and apply your understanding of DeFi concepts into influencing product decisions
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining web applications, preferably dApps
- Highly proficient with Solidity
- Highly proficient with Rust and Python
- Highly proficient with AWS, Redis, and PostgreSQL
- Deep understanding of DeFi & smart contract concepts
- Ability to take ownership over feature development
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Preferably available around EST time zone
- Experience with trading systems
- Experience in networking
- Experience in minimizing latency
Who we’re looking for
In addition to a deep technical capacity, we’re looking for someone who is creative, intellectually curious and hands-on. You’ll need to solve problems, self-manage and own initiatives. We work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that requires flexibility and teamwork. We’re building software to change the world. An ideal candidate believes in this mission and wants to be at the forefront of decentralized finance.
What we offer
- Remote - work wherever you please
- Pay - very competitive
- Token equity - after an agreed-upon period
- Join - a team of highly motivated and skilled engineers & operators
Send us your CV + an intro letter explaining why you’d make a good fit on our team and what inspires you to build in DeFi.
Email: [email protected]