About the jobCoin Metrics is a leading provider of cryptoasset data for institutions. We deliver transparent and actionable data and analytics to various industry stakeholders including asset managers, custodians, trading venues, research desks, and data/application providers. Coin Metrics’ data empowers its clients and the public to better understand, use and value open crypto networks.
Join a fast-paced startup pioneering novel metrics, data products, and intelligence solutions, which offer insights into the economics, markets, usage, health, and other aspects of public cryptocurrency blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other crypto networks.
You will be surrounded by talented people passionate about decentralized economies and the data behind them. Break new ground, create exciting new data-driven research and products, and help shape the future of finance.
Coin Metrics is recruiting an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our team to assist in developing our product offerings .
- Building distributed, reliable, and performant software architectures using Kotlin;
- Leading the development of a new Coin Metrics' product that produces metrics and exposes them via API;
- Working closely with network data and market data experts to build the product;
- Depth testing of your code;
- Contributing to documentation;
- Scaling and capacity planning.
YOUR EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in a backend software engineering role or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Kotlin/Java (Kotlin preferred or willing to learn Kotlin if not already proficient).
- Proficiency in SQL (preferably PostgreSQL).
- Strong curiosity for decentralized networks and cryptoassets.
- Strong sense of ownership, entrepreneurial spirit, and/or startup-like experience, capable of driving towards solutions independently while seeking feedback when appropriate.
- Basic understanding of how blockchains operate and their underlying data structures.
- Experience with Docker, GitLab CI, Gradle, Kubernetes, Ansible, Python, Grafana, Linux.
LIFE AT COIN METRICS
Coin Metrics is a fun and fast-paced team with employees located in 8 countries. We are united by our OPEN (Open, Pioneering, Elucidating, and Neutral) core values. Our employees are empowered to do what’s best for our products, customers, and team members. Other benefits of working at Coin Metrics include:
- Competitive salary, 401(k) retirement plan, bonus and options plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Remote or hybrid work options with generous equipment reimbursement offering
- Paid time off
- Global company offsites
- Coin Metrics Labs where associates pursue their passions
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
- 30 minute video interview with Talent Sherpa (Recruiter)
- 3-4 video interviews with members of our team
- Case Study
Ireland, Dublin or in country remote