About the jobCompany Description
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
We are looking for a bitcoin policy enthusiast to join the Policy team to support our bitcoin wallet and mining teams. You have demonstrated experience on policy and regulatory issues, with an ability to speak to both technical and policy audiences. You will have experience managing complex policy matters, working to achieve outcomes, and advocating on behalf of issues at the intersection of financial services and technology. You have internal Corporate experience, managing a global policy agenda while working with our teams. You will report to the Head of Bitcoin and Crypto Policy and will collaborate with senior hardware wallet and mining product leads and colleagues on the Policy, Legal, and Compliance teams.
- Engage with product leadership, policy colleagues, regulatory and product counsel, communications, and compliance teams to develop strategic global policy plans for our wallet and mining products.
- Advocate for important policy and political matters, and craft positions for us that will further establish us as a thought leader and innovator.
- Develop thoughtful recommendations for both proactive and reactive engagement with global policymakers and regulators.
- Guide processes to develop impactful responses to incoming policy challenges and opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience in policy work, with a preference for experience in the financial services and technology sectors.
- Experience with business partnering, particularly at a large corporation.
- Experience with the global technical and policy issues around technology and fintech, experience in cryptocurrency policy, and policy/advocacy/industry relationships in this space.
- Experience navigating complex policy issues both internally and externally.
- Experience developing policy proposals, regulatory comments and strategies to improve outcomes.
- Experience working collaboratively across our teams.
- Advocacy skills; an ability to explain complicated issues and policy positions to any audience.
- An ability to think about the strategy from all different sides and solve complex problems or roadblocks.
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.