About the jobABOUT US:
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote United States only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $110 – $150/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
- Experience with architecture and design of scalable, performant & robust DAPP services on EVM blockchains.
- High level of experience with go-ethereum development and familiar with ethereum clients.
- Past work experience in blockchain technology, encryption, or distributed peer-to-peer systems.
- Experience using mathematical theories to solve advanced problems
- Experience with writing/debugging and deploying Smart Contracts
- Strong computer system analysis and design skills in current methodologies and patterns for building scalable, performant, and robust blockchain Services.
- Strong communication skills, and experience communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong knowledge of concurrency and writing efficient and safe multithreaded code
- Exceptional understanding of various different consensus algorithms used in Bitcoin Blockchain, Ethereum, etc.
- Good understanding of asymmetric cryptography and using cryptographic material such as certificates for identity management in order to authenticate members, transactions etc.
- Have expertise in implementing microservices (using appropriate tools and technologies for messaging, RPC, containerization, etc)
- Proven experience with cryptography, security protocols, key management, Hardware Security Modules (HSM), Zero knowledge proofs
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Blockchain development approach (example: numerous Burn-down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
With our client you will have the opportunity to be heard, and help steer the direction of their organization. They are a tight-knit, highly collaborative group and their team members’ ideas and actions are integral to their success. As a team, they have been building in the blockchain space since 2018. Their aim is to continue building with an emphasis on long-term sustainability, offering solutions that contribute to a stable and successful blockchain economy.
Who you are:
- Possess a strong passion for coding, blockchain and emerging technologies.
- Has a high level of self-motivation and ownership to solve new complex challenges.
- Possesses the ability to effectively communicate without being authoritative to both internal and external teammates.
- A team player that is willing to assist wherever needed.
- You enjoy teaching others about your knowledge and skill base and, inversely, learning about what other teammates can teach you.
- Has the passion and skillset of a researcher who enjoys staying current on the ever changing blockchain space.
- You are comfortable and adaptable to an ever changing organization and industry.
- You have a high degree of attention to detail, and enjoy the challenge of learning new technologies and systems.
- You can manage ambiguity and are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction.
- Lead the design, implementation and launch of the public blockchain and support the network’s needs and goals developed with our client's CEO and Tech team.
- Identify and implement the most appropriate programming languages and frameworks leading to effective solutions.
- Work with management team and lead efforts to research, design, develop, and test blockchain technologies to enable platform features
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends.
- Create performance metrics for measuring relevant blockchain performance
- Provide technical leadership to the Tech team on best practices and software architecture.
- Collaborate with product management to define the development timelines, and ensure on-time delivery to support their ambitious growth goals.
- Ensure that all technology practices adhere to applicable industry security standards.
- Develop and mentor new and existing team members.
- Works well both independently and in small teams with limited supervision.
- Support the launch and growth of the developer community through various initiatives including public engagement and publishing blog posts and whitepapers.
- Be a contributing part of a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on collaborative culture and problem solving.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.