About the jobPosition Description
Seeking a block chain/ data sharing lead for the Emerging Technologies practice. The candidate will manage developers to produce scalable solutions using front and back end coding languages, development frameworks and third party libraries. This individual should be self-motivated to drive solutions and bring thought leadership and be familiar with Agile methodologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- 5+ years product development Manager or equivalent experience on a complex and technical software project of significant scope with 10+ years of work experience in technology industry or function
- Deep understanding of Hyperledger and Ethereum-based protocols and ecosystem, their relevance to permissioned blockchain architectures and their implications on decentralized and data sharing application development
- Strong desire and ability to engage with customers with a co-innovation mindset; understand and describe novel aspects of their use cases and create value by solving their problems
- Strategic thinking and ability to present solutions to senior level and executive audiences, both internal and external
- Experience taking early-stage products from concept through early go-to-market, and working in an ambiguous, complex, and rapidly changing environment
- Strong software product development background with exposure to full-stack architecture
- Ability to lead and guide strong technical global team
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and content presentation
Required Qualifications To Be Successful In This Role
- Work on a disruptive product and solve challenging problems that have an industry changing impact,
be part of an early business unit transforming to its next stage of growth, and
- As a tenured Product Manager, you will provide leadership in the development and success of the blockchain product portfolio
- By understanding the market and working with key stakeholders such as Engineering teams, customers, partners and sales and support, you will define and deliver the core capabilities needed to drive VMware’s growth in the enterprise blockchain space
- Validation and Investigation and analysis of customer/market needs
- Detailed use case definition across industry verticals
- Synthesis of an innovative product plan anchored by customer needs and& use cases
- In collaboration with Marketing, /Sales and /Support you will write white papers, blogs, and presentations and will and will deliver product to market
- As part of the product team, owns the product strategy for data sharing Blockchain technolgies that aligns to the unique needs of enterprise customers
- Understands use cases, formulates and validates product/market fit hypotheses at a product and feature level
- This includes deep, frequent engagement with customers globally at a global scale, to synthesize product specifications and offerings
- Leads the product development process from inception to product delivery
Analyzes and evaluates complementary and competitive products, technologies, and solutions
Minimum Education Required: B.S Science or equivalent
- Layer 1 DLT protocols
- Smart Contracts (Solidity, Go)
Desired Qualifications/Non-essential Skills Required
- Client-facing consulting
- Domain-Driven Design
- Agile Software Development
- Excellent communication skills
- Disclaimer: CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $119,500 - $209,200.
At CGI we call our professionals members to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGIs benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [email protected] You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.