About the Role
The primary responsibility of this role is for CertiK’s security-related services. Intersecting cybersecurity and blockchain, CertiK’s security offerings include security consulting, security reviews, security auditing of smart contracts and blockchains, verification of smart contracts, penetration testing, and more. We are looking to hire someone with a passion for Solidity, a deep understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), distributed computing, and security.
Candidates should have an eye for detail and have a passion for combining their skills with a flair for creativity and insight to hack smart contracts. This is a fun and challenging full-time position. You need to be able to put yourself in the mind’s eye of a project’s creator, and capable of putting yourself in the minds of various adversarial or free-riding actors.
If you are excited about hacking, threat modeling, scanning, auditing, designing, and enhancing the security of smart contracts across the board then you will thrive in this role. While you work with clients, we will also provide you with plenty of opportunities to get involved with research and development efforts to help us raise the standards of blockchain security.
- Work directly with the external blockchain developers to audit their code and secure their products including smart contracts, protocols, and dapp.
- Contribute to our internal security tools and create new ones that help for improving the security services by following good engineering practices.
- Conduct security research and publish your findings in technical blog posts/conferences.
- Improve our processes and offering and strive for the satisfaction of our clients
- +2 years of experience in Solidity, Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), and/or blockchain technology.
- Minimum educational background: Bachelors’ degree or a Master or PhD in Computer Sciences or Security Information.
- Minimum of 3+ years professional experience as Software Engineer, or Security Engineer.
- Passionate with Cryptocurrency/DeFi/Blockchain is a plus.
- Solid experience in threat analysis, advanced persistent threat (APT) or response.
- Experienced in threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing, and SecOps (intrusion detection, security logging, malware analysis, and forensics).Experience in programming languages such as Rust, Golang, Solidity.
- Strong background in Math is a plus.
You’re a self-starter. You believe in tackling the most important problems, even if they are the most difficult problems. You’re comfortable with the unknown and understand that startup life means that you’re going to be wearing multiple hats. And that’s what motivates you. You’re accountable and obsessed with improvement, both in yourself and in others. You’re up to the challenge of building a world-class company that aims to be the infrastructure for more secure software for all.
The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates. For any information about compensation or benefits for candidates based in the USA territory, check the careers site post.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.