Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
We’re growing our fully distributed, global team. As a Business Analyst and a Process Architect at Status, you’d be responsible for enabling & driving change. Including mapping existing processes & workflows, helping design improved ones; as well as developing an understanding of our strategic direction, challenges and project goals. Additionally you will be involved in designing processes for our strategic vision to become a DAO.
Working with interdisciplinary teams to ensure processes are accurately gathered and translated, you would also assist with the design of new processes and solve process related problems. As a remote first org with diverse teams, your communication should be flawless; both in person and via written exchanges.
- Drive discussions with process owner and subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand the process, and the problem, and then brainstorm solution scenarios
- Gathering requirements for implementation of org-wide tools by collaborating with teams across the organization
- Facilitate process redesign workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with Process Owners and SMEs
- Design business processes from high-level process maps down to executable business processes (BPMN models)
- Create documentation (business rules, as is/to be flows, drawing up requirements, data configuration, use cases, user stories, functional specs)
- Unearth and highlight delivery blockers and find ways to automate/streamline existing processes
- Model and further refine business processes in BPMN Workflow Engine (SpiffWorkfow) and make them ready for process automation
- Determine which services exist, must be adapted or created in terms of service-oriented architecture and can be consumed for automation
- Analyze and simulate the business processes and identify the best process version by matching overall business and organizational goals
- Prepare reasonable business and use cases for process test scenarios. These scenarios include user acceptance testing when development nears completion
- Present business process models, recommendations, and solutions to Process Governance Board, Process Owners, process participants, and SMEs, including the Dev team
- Define and analyze process data for measurement and monitoring of performance monitoring purposes
You will bring
- Experience in a business process analyst or similar role at a tech company or consulting firm
- Fluency in the creation of documentation (business rules, as-is/to-be flows, requirements, data configuration, use cases, functional specs)
- Solid experience with Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) models and process automation
- Extensive experience with Camunda, Signavio, or similar Process Engine tools
- Ability to work at both strategic and operational levels with an ability to contextualize the fine details within the bigger picture
- Ability to work in a dynamic, async environment and handle multiple projects at once
- A strong alignment to our principles: (https://status.im/about/#our-principles)
Bonus points if:
- Understanding of the Blockchain ecosystem and DAOs, with an interest and curiosity to learn more
- Experience with Agile working and LEAN/Six Sigma (Certification in this area is an advantage)
- Experience working in Enterprise tools implementation projects
- Knowledge of modeling languages like UML and ArchiMate
- Experience working with data visualization software like Lightdash, Redash, Superset, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience working in a collaborative, start-up environment
- Experience working for an open-source organization
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with our People Ops team
- Interview with Sasha (Business Analyst)
- Technical Assessment
- Interview with Manuchehr (PPG)
- Optional Interview with Jarrad (Status Co-Founder)
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
The expected salary range for this role is $80,000 to $100,000 - dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process. We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.