Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you’ll do as a Senior C++ Developer at Akuna:
Akuna is looking for motivated, self-starters to join our growing engineering team and contribute to the build-out of our proprietary options market-making trading platform. You will focus on analysis, design, implementation, and testing & delivery of Akuna’s trading system using the latest technologies. A pragmatic approach to technology solutions using the latest open source software will be required. Successful candidates will work closely with an industry-leading team of options traders and quantitative researchers who participate fully in the design and on-going enhancements to our proprietary trading and research platform. In this role, you will:
- Lead in the design, implementation and deployment of large-scale trading systems and services using modern C++ technologies
- Bring deep technical knowledge in areas such as parallel programming, trading systems, networking or performance analysis
- Be extremely hands-on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs
- Have leadership opportunities across both project and team management
- Build software using Agile methodologies and modern software best practices
- Work on cross-functional teams across trading, quant and development to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 5+ years of experience developing performant, scalable applications in modern C++ (and at least 2 years with C++11, 14, or 17, template metaprogramming a plus)
- Experience with Linux and Python required
- Significant experience with distributed systems, data structures and algorithms
- Expertise in leadership of projects and/or teams
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded/multi-core programming paradigms
- Object-oriented design and programming experience
- A curiosity and demonstrated interest in C++14 and beyond
- Highly collaborative in nature, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with trading and trading systems is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent
Remote opportunities are available and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please note your preference in the application.