Chief Creative Director
Location: Worldwide remote, ideally not more than +/-7 hours from CET
Parity is the pioneer in providing the most enterprise-ready and consumer-ready platform of tools and technologies for Web3. Inspired by Founder and Chief Architect Gavin Wood, who himself coined the term Web3 back in 2014, Parity brings together a global team of people who share a passion and purpose for Polkadot, a community that builds on blockchain based technologies a fairer internet where users control their own data, identity and destiny, putting power back into the hands of the individual. Polkadot’s tech stack leverages a new, foundational architecture for this next generation of the web, bringing with it an entire ecosystem of innovation that will shape countless aspects of our lives over the coming decades. Already recognized as one of the driving forces behind Web3, Polkadot has the largest ecosystem of Web3 developers on the planet, and the broadest coverage of institutional investors in the space.
“I think this is a foundational technology change, a new architecture for building an entirely new generation of computing systems…It’s as foundational an architecture shift as the ones from mainframes to PCs,from PCs to web, from web to mobile, or from traditional software to AI. It’s a fundamental shift and building this out is a 25- to 30-year process.”
Marc Andreessen, Interviewed for the McKinsey Quarterly, June 2022
Chief Creative Director - Role overview:
As a key leader in Parity’s marketing team, you drive the evolution of the Polkadot brand and related sub-brands to support our ambitious growth strategy covering a diverse range of markets globally. So far, Polkadot is known as one of the top technology focused brands in the blockchain space. Your assignment is to evolve the Polkadot brand to stand for the Web3 vision, becoming a magnetic force and fuelling a movement, attracting people from within and outside the blockchain world including end users of web3 applications, driving mass adoption.
You will build and grow a world class creative core team that is known for genius deliverables and concepts, working with other teams and our external community.
You bring Polkadot as a flagship Web3 brand to live with campaigns and projects that leave a mark in the fast evolving Web3 technology space, but also attracts end users, potential builders and stakeholders from outside the crypto space.
You have a vision for Polkadot’s brand identity and how it can materialise, mastering the balance between visionary creativity and adherence to brand standards when conceptualising creative concepts that excite our community and the audiences in our digital, social and events execution.
You are responsible for developing breakthrough creative ideas and integrated campaigns that advance the brand through all media. You will also have expert knowledge of digital formats, video production, and brand strategy. This role will collaborate creatively and strategically across multiple disciplines with marketing strategists, designers, producers, content and digital experts, and, most importantly, with external business stakeholders in the community, to bring their marketing plans to life and help them amplifying both the Polkadot and their project’s brand.
Reporting into the CMO, your responsibilities cover brand management, strategy and art direction for campaigns, visual and graphic design, video/podcast production, motion design.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Creative Leader who is looking for the next challenge in one of the most exciting areas of technology.
- Evolve the Polkadot brand to a strong global brand that fuels a movement, creates a magnetic force for people inside and outside the crypto and blockchain world across all audiences
- Articulate and evangelise the vision and purpose of the brand, ensuring full support and endorsement of the community and the people at parity
- Understands the creative brief or campaigns and is able to synthesize strategic insights and creative ideas into effective, award winning creative execution reflecting the campaign’s objectives, the audience’s care abouts, offering support and oversight for the creative team as needed
- Build, grow and lead the teams to conceptualize, develop, and execute the creative ideation of great work
- Encourages debate and ideas from across the organization, skills sets, and stakeholders to develop the best innovative ideas and thinking
- Consistently encourages constructive questioning of 'how we do things' to enable creative and innovative thinking
- Instill a passion for collaboration, teamwork, and inspiration throughout the community and internal teams
- Coaching, mentoring, inspiring the overall creative community within Parity and in the Polkadot Ecosystem which includes roles for for A/V, brand, design, digital, and web
- Ensuring all creative output reflects best practices while helping to define and evolve those best practices and related systems
- Reviewing work, troubleshooting and providing feedback to creative teams
- Build out a design system to scale the work and drive adoption by the ecosystem projects, help others to produce, be on brand- innovative web3 design system, taking community into account, bring them in
- 10+ years work experience in digital marketing for multiple geographies and audiences, ideally in the B2B SaaS or technology business, minimum 5 years in international people leadership roles, including managing remote team members
- Experience and successful track record from driving the entire spectrum of digital marketing including web, performance, email/nurture and martech stack
- Proven track record of optimising paid, driving growing share of organic, measurable outcomes impacting business performance
- Ability to put together abc
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, and open environment.
- Experience in working with digital products, software and/or technology.
- Ability to work on products that require synthesising a large volume of technical and complex information and distilling it down to effective, approachable communication.
- Proven track record working in cross-functional teams with designers, marketers, and business development.
- Proven collaboration and project management skills.
- Excellent internal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines.
Further preferred Experience:
Familiarity with the Web3 and blockchain world, open-source software and communities.