Who We Are
We're building a virtual world from open source and p2p technology that players create and own. Everything in the world is an NFT. There's an inventory system, so you can bring your items and favorite memes to share with your friends. Multiplayer is built with WebRTC and y.js (CRDTs). https://webaverse.com and our open alpha: https://app.webaverse.com
Why You Should Work with Us
We're a young company, but we've accomplished a lot in that short time. What we've done wouldn't have been possible without passionate people, dedicated to our vision of an open and democratic metaverse. If you too would like to get in on the ground floor of the next major Internet revolution, if you too have the passion, the singular obsession to see the 3D web realized in all its glory, then we want to hear from you.
You’ll Be Responsible for...
Overseeing and establishing production-level processes around:
- System admin/security,
- Work allocation,
- System architecture
- Front-end systems
You’re a Good Fit if...
- Game Dev Experience - working at least 5 years in game development as a technological leader
- An experienced technologist who can help to scale processes, iterate on early stage product and grow our tech team and culture.
- Bonus: You are a polyglot
- Bonus: You've built your own game engine
- Application review
- Interviews via Voice/Video Call or Discord Chat
- Coding challenge - We will provide a task from our open issues - Any solution we use will be paid for
- Contract negotiations
- Total expected time to hire: A few days to a couple weeks