About the jobThe global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The Legal team at Chainalysis advises both internal and external stakeholders on the forefront of cryptocurrency and its constantly evolving regulatory landscape. Our job is to ensure the company continues its rapid growth by employing sound and efficient judgment to support operations around the company and influence a groundbreaking industry as it matures and becomes more widely adopted.
As Commercial Counsel - Global Procurement (and Legal Ops), you will be the key legal partner to the procurement team and be responsible for finalizing all procurement deals, as well as managing baseline legal operations.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you have…
- Become the point person for the review and negotiation of all procurement deals, including marketing, sponsorship, SaaS agreements, as well as NDAs, Assignment and Assumption Agreements, and other ancillary legal documents.
- Created an efficient and thoughtful global procurement contracting review process/playbooks that enables the company to meet its contractual, security, and privacy commitments and initiatives.
- Become a key partner to the Rev Ops organization in improving the RFP/bid process.
- Become a trusted advisor to the Finance organization.
- Overseen and improved legal lead vetting of customers and prospects.
- Identified best in class legal operations initiatives.
- Improved the use of existing legal operations tools, including our CLM solution, DocuSign, and outside counsel management solutions.
- Demonstrated and developed a track record of an obsession with internal client and external customer satisfaction, while promoting scalable processes and procedures.
- Been a team player and have become a trusted partner to other areas of the business.
A Background Like This Helps
- Above all, you must have excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Meaningful experience within a procurement function on a large corporate legal team.
- Significant experience negotiating SaaS and data agreements, as well as marketing and events agreements.
- Legal Operations experience and RFP/bid experience is a major plus.
- Deep understanding of intellectual property and licensing concepts.
- You are independent, patient, thoughtful, and adept at managing shifting priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment, but at the same time possess the judgment to know when and how to escalate issues.
- You are familiar with or have an interest in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
The base salary range for this role is $126,300 to $157,900 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role. Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.