At Utrust we're looking for a Compliance Analyst to join our team.
About the job
We are looking for a passionate individual in the area of compliance and who is prepared to join a dynamic, fast-paced fintech in the cutting edge space of cryptocurrency. As a financially-regulated organization in the European Union, we are seeking a person to help us fulfill our operational compliance procedures.
This person will work alongside our compliance team and under the guidance of our Head of Compliance. The responsibilities involve KYC and KYB processes, drafting and improvement of our established policies, in regards to due diligence and client screening processes, transaction screening, and document analysis. With an operational focus, this role will guarantee that the company follows its established AML/CTF policies.
You will be required to have an attentive eye to detail, analyzing and reviewing client data daily, including company incorporation documents, personal documents, cross-checking against public databases, verifying internal provider reports for consistency, analyzing suspect profiles, and communicate actions to be taken with the customer support team, or escalating the matter, as appropriate to our Head of Compliance.
What we need from you
- A background in law or related;
- Experience of two years in the compliance field, as a customer support agent or business support agent dealing with client onboarding and risk evaluation;
- Experience with KYC processes of natural persons and enterprise entities, including ID management, beneficial owner identification, sanction screening and high-risk jurisdictions;
- Experience with managing and monitoring vendors/customer profiles;
- Knowledge of Anti-Money-Laundering (AML) regulation, Payment Services Regulations and MLRs;
- Full proficiency in English;
- Strong integrity and responsibility;
- Have an eye for detail and have a sixth sense for patterns of suspicious activity. You have to be keen and diligent.
What would be great
- Experience in a start-up environment or a payments service company;
- Being able to handle the full KYC process autonomously;
- Experience with Portuguese or Estonian AML/CTF regulation;
- Relevant training/certification or equivalent (e.g. ACAMS, ICA);
- Experience with fraud management and transaction monitoring;
- Knowledge of digital payments (traditional fintech/e-money);
- Knowledge of VASP (virtual asset service provider) and related regulations;
- Knowledge of digital currencies fundamentals;
- Knowledge of GDPR applied to compliance data management;
- International experience is a plus.
What we offer
- An incredible and passionate team of experienced people that share the passion for disruptive technology and vision of a new digital payments landscape;
- Remote-first culture;
- Flexible work schedule (we want you to accomplish the best work of your life - that means working to your strengths, and adjusting your own working hours);
- Onboarding kit (this will include everything you need, including a home office setup);
- Growth Budget (we will allocate funds specifically for you to work on personal development);
- Company Culture (We aren’t just another fintech company. We really want to change the world. This means we have values, and we take them seriously);
- Internal Projects (all our team is encouraged to be proactive and to start and work on independent projects. Focus on growth. Focus on impact.);
- Company paid retreats;
- All-hands sessions and heartbeat communication (We put our people first. These are 100% transparent and we want everyone to participate.)
Sounds like you? Great!
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Compliance Analyst? Then we'd love to hear about you!