About the job
Overview of XCOEX Group
Founded in 2017, XCOEX was designed by the international team of experts who have lived in or worked across many different countries, speak multiple languages, and have successful track records working within top global companies.
Our main strategy focuses on providing unparalleled support, tools, and easily accessible services for both cryptocurrency enthusiasts and digital beginners from around the world: from fast KYC to user friendly interface in multiple languages.
The Company that is currently recruiting the candidate is registered in El Salvador as a bitcoin services provider and custodian services company. The Company is also applying for other authorizations in other jurisdictions and is a part of a wider group.
Together with other colleagues, the Compliance Officer will ensure the professional performance of activities of XCOEX from El Salvador. This is an exciting new opportunity for young professionals to build their compliance knowledge and experience in the virtual asset space, while gaining some exposure at a top management level. The position will receive the full support of top management and an established compliance department. The operations in El Salvador are still at start-up stage, so required work from the Compliance Officer will be mostly connected to the set-up of the compliance manual and procedures. The Compliance Officer must be permanently resident in El Salvador and must be fluent in Spanish and English, but may work remotely from home and will only occasionally be required to attend at the company offices. Experience in the financial services and virtual asset industry will be advantageous but is not strictly required. Managing people is not required for this position.
What Will You Do?
The role is very broad, but generally the Compliance Officer will serve as a point of contact between El Salvador authorities (Central Bank) and the Company and must ensure that the BitCoin Service Provider authorization is maintained in good order.
Key Skills Required
- Minimum 12 months of experience in the financial services or virtual asset sectors
- The Responsible Representative must speak and write fluent / native Spanish and have spoken and written English to level B2 / IELTS 6.0..
- Must have completed a Bachelors’ degree in Law or Finance or Economics
- Previous working exposure with Compliance and AML regulations
- PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN ENGLISH!
Additional Skills Preferred
Experience in the virtual assets or financial securities industry.
- Work with an international team from the comfort of your home or small office in San Salvador
- Udemy for Business Unlimited Membership
- 20 working days of annual leave plus local public holidays
- The opportunity to excel in your professional career
- Become a part of a truly international organization
- Travel to other offices of the group
- Work and learn in a new and developing industry