About the job
Fan Controlled Sports + Entertainment is looking to hire a Controller. The person in this role will be responsible for all aspects of financial accounting, monitoring, reporting, control, and compliance for the business. This is a leadership role for an experienced accounting professional who combines exceptional functional / technical skills with an ability to partner successfully with the business in a high growth, fast-track environment.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of third-party contracts/agreements
- Perform subsidiary and entity wide consolidations
- Manage in-season player payroll processes to ensure timeliness, accuracy and compliance with local regulatory requirements
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- In conjunction with the CFO and Finance team, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local requirements, including filing sales and use tax reports, annual reports and statements of information where required
- Knowledge of state sales tax and nexus is key
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- 10+ years proven accounting experience
- Professional accounting certification, CPA preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks Online and Dynamics Business Central, experience with Certify and Carta a plus
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Working understanding of NFT’s and cryptocurrencies
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- Experience with high volume of intercompany allocations across multiple entities
- Experience with consolidations
- Experience with working in multi-stakeholder environments
- Self-starter and able to work effectively in remote work environment
- Preferred Experience includes:
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Working knowledge of crypto accounting
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- CPA highly preferred
- Have worked in a startup environment or very small team before
About Fan Controlled Sports & Entertainment (FCSE)
Fan Controlled Sports + Entertainment (FCSE) combines the best of traditional sports, video games and web3 to create an entirely new category of interactive sports. Fans own, build, and manage their teams, draft the players and call all the plays in real-time using FCSE’s patented digital technology.
FCSE first launched Fan Controlled Football (FCF) in Spring 2021 and in just two seasons we've changed the game by putting fans at the center of the experience. In February 2023, FCSE will be launching Fan Controlled Hoops, bringing our model of a dynamic, disruptive, and engaging interactive sports experience to professional basketball.
FCSE is backed by major corporate partners, venture capital firms, and celebrities, along with several well-known football and gaming fans from around the world of sports and entertainment.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity for remote work pending the requirements of your role (working located in US time zones)
- Open PTO and Sick Time policy
- Medical, dental, vision, and FSA/HSA benefits
- Company paid short term disability, and supplemental offerings for life insurance, long term disability and the opportunity for 401k contribution
- Competitive salary
- 9-12 paid holidays per year
- Opportunity to hit the ground running and be a builder of an organization; FCSE is in high growth mode.
Do you think anew and think differently about challenges, often starting with a blank sheet of paper? Are humility and collaboration part of your DNA? Do you enjoy collaborating with people who have diverse backgrounds and styles? If you answer yes to these questions, and you like to have fun, work hard, and celebrate with your teammates then Fan Controlled Sports & Entertainment (FCSE) is perfect for you. This team exudes an “all hands on deck” attitude, with a work hard, play hard mentality.
Additional Qualifying Information
Note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need of employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa. We work in US time zones and expect team members to do the same.
At FCSE diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the foundation of everything we do in our business, organization, and culture. We encourage, facilitate, and promote diversity of both people and thought, and difference in support of our employees, stakeholders, and partners because it makes us better -- better as a company and better as a team. FCSE is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Fan Controlled Sports & Entertainment makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.