About the job
About TerraZero Technologies Inc. (Metaverse Company)
TZ is a technology and software company that is focused on developing business lines within the metaverse including but not limited to virtual land development, virtual land rental and event space planning, rental platform, advertising, mortgage and lending within the metaverse, designing and building virtual assets and hosting events. See www.terrazero.com for more information.
• Reporting directly to the Company CEO and CFO, the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, reporting, and light HR activities.
• The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations including functional responsibility for full cycle accounting, expenses and accounts payable, revenues and accounts receivable, banking, business insurance, GST and PST tax filings, and payroll. This position will initially require a hands on role over all aspects of the accounting and finance department.
• If the Company goes public on a stock exchange, you would assist with quarterly financial statements and management’s discussion and analysis preparation in accordance with IFRS (Canada).
• Liaison with the Company’s external auditors.
Responsibilities and Duties
• At the parent company and subsidiary level, oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate IFRS standards.
• Develop and formalize process and controls.
• Willing to learn and adapt in this new sector (Metaverse).
• Accounting areas of focus:
o Virtual land.
o Development digital buildings.
o Cryptocurrency tracking across multiple wallets and exchanges
o Rental of land and buildings for events.
o Lending and mortgages.
o Use of coinmarketcap.com and Etherscan to measure assist in transaction measurement
• Process invoices in accounting software, and prepare cheque runs and banking wires for co-approval.
• Manage short and long-term organizational cash flow forecasting, and in reconciling bitcoins.
• Monitor key performance metrics and provide appropriate feedback to management.
• Ensure compliance with all federal, provincial and international taxing authorities.
• Ensure physical and/or electronic safe keeping and storage of all invoice, agreements and pertinent documentation.
• Monitor existing and develop new accounting and operations policies and procedures as required.
• Oversee the flow of accounting information from subsidiary companies.
• Manage and regularly assess adequacy of D&O insurance, business insurance, medical benefits, and with the help of our external brokers and suppliers as required.
• Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable function to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components.
• Manage banking relationships.
• Assist the Chief Financial Officer by preparing specific information to assist in quarterly Financial Statements and Management Discussion and Analysis.
Qualifications and Skills
• Designated CPA within Canada in good-standing with at least 3 year relevant work experience.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and self-motivation
• Competent knowledge of Quickbooks Online
• Revenue recognition accounting policy creation for new lines of business
• General partnership and joint venture accounting.
• Technology savvy; preferably with some experience in technology, blockchain or cryptocurrency
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data
• Strong financial analysis skills (forecasting, budgeting, P&L analysis from a management reporting perspective)
• Experience working closely with and proactively communicating effectively with management across Company departments.
• Initiative and ability to work will independently and as a team
• Salary will grow as the Company and position grows
• Eligible for stock options
• Benefit plans (if applicable)
• Work from home and work in office with team members (hybrid approach)
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Salary: To be discussed based on level of experience and knowledge (and whether part-time or full-time)
• Controller or Chief Financial Officer: 3 years or more experience would be preferred
• Accounting/auditor firm experience an asset but competencies valued more
• Public company accounting experience (annual audits and interim financial statements)
• Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant designation.