About the job
A walled garden refers to a limited set of technology provided to users with the intention of creating a monopoly. This was how OpenEden was conceived. The future is built by the brightest and most relentless builders. Our mission is to bank and enable the next million web 3 builders of the digital economy. The founding team has more than 50 years of experience and demonstrated success in finance, crypto and tech as operators, builders and entrepreneurs.
- Lead buildout of our proprietary credit assessment underwriting process and risk profiling for web 3 companies
- Initial screening of potential credit opportunities and carry out detailed analysis of target investments, including in-depth assessment of business models, financial forecasts and investment risks
- Perform financial statement (P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements) analysis and projections on private credit opportunities
- Prepare credit investment memorandum and other materials for risk assessment and related tasks necessary for transaction execution
- Read and interpret credit documentation
- Ongoing monitoring of existing loan portfolios, including reviewing company financial reporting and off chain data
- Work closely with legal and origination to ensure that documentation, covenants and structuring are to be executed with risk mitigation in place
- Minimum 3-5 years of investment-related experience which may include leveraged finance, private credit (sourcing, underwriting, and managing private loans) and distressed debt/high-yield.
- Bachelor degree preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related business areas, CFA/CPA is a plus.
- Strong analytical and financial modelling/forecast skills, data analysis and solid understanding of credit markets
- Can support the structuring of the debt with origination, legal and other relevant stakeholders
- Keen interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain ecosystem
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and attention-to-detail
- Highly motivated and confident self-starter with ability to work independently under time constraints
- Keen to work in a cross-cultural, cross-border environment, including the ability to work across multiple time-zones
- Track record of working collaboratively and exceeding expectations in a team
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software
- Be one of the earliest employees of one of the most exciting start-up in the crypto-finance/fintech space; be part of the future of finance
- The opportunity to learn everything about cryptocurrencies and crypto assets from industry veterans.
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Take ownership of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless.
- Flat, dynamic and high-paced environment
- Salary commensurate with experience
If you are keen on joining us as one of the earliest employees of our exciting crypto-finance start-up, please feel free to reach out to Jeremy Ng ([email protected]) or Eugene Ng ([email protected]) or directly on LinkedIn or Twitter.