About the jobJoin a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About The Role
The Crypto AML Investigator will be responsible for conducting investigations to identify potential money laundering, or other related activities, using both traditional AML tools, as well as blockchain analytics software. They’ll support the Financial Crimes Investigations team in managing risk to ensure Robinhood meets our regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Do Day-to-day
- Identify, research and report potentially suspicious activities identified through our suspicious activity monitoring rules or other sources (e.g. referrals, external inquiries etc.)
- Analyze customer transactional activity (e.g. crypto trading, money movement, etc.) and behavioral patterns to identify potentially suspicious activities
- Conduct research using Robinhood systems and proprietary tools to identify relevant Know Your Customer (KYC) information
- Handle the investigative process from detection to decisioning, including drafting SARs when appropriate
- Support Managers with complex investigations through gathering data and/or documentation
- Keep up-to-date with industry news and developments both in BSA/AML and KYC, as well as in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Assist with training and job shadowing for new team members
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years working in AML investigations for a broker-dealer or FinTech (conducting investigations, SAR preparation, and filing), or related consulting experience for financial services/fintech clients
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, Elliptic, CipherTrace)
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS), especially relating to virtual currencies
- Strong ability to analyze transactional activity to identify red flags
- Proven track record of interpreting large amounts of complex information and extracting facts objectively
- Ability and passion to learn and adapt quickly, as both Robinhood and the crypto space are constantly evolving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and learn new tools quickly
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Crypto-specific investigative work experience, and knowledge of blockchain analysis across various crypto products
- Experience with Actimize and Nasdaq SMARTS Trade Surveillance system
- ACAMS Certified
- Crypto compliance certifications (CCI, CTCE, CCFC, Reactor, KYT)
- FINRA Series 7 & 24
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click Here To Learn More About Robinhood’s Benefits.
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.