About the job
Kinesis is a leading global fintech that is delivering a new global monetary system that leverages the benefits of the emerging cryptocurrency technologies backed 1:1 by the allocation of physical gold and silver.
As a member of the Kinesis community, our clients can deposit or purchase physically allocated gold or silver via our trading platform (http://kinesis.money) which is vaulted at no additional cost. The allocated precious metal holdings are then digitised using blockchain technology into KAU/KAG tokens. The tokens can be traded, managed and transferred as digital assets using your Kinesis digital wallet.
Clients can also easily spend their KAU/KAG tokens using a physical or virtual debit card anywhere Visa/Mastercard is accepted or trade the tokens on the Kinesis Blockchain Exchange. Kinesis also has a unique yield system that rewards holders and participants of the Kinesis system.
The Kinesis systems are developed using the very latest in web, cryptocurrency and cloud technologies and as a truly global business, whilst we have offices around the world, we truly embrace remote working to attract the best talent wherever it is.
We are looking for a passionate Cyber Security Leader to establish to further our Cyber Security best practices and we continue to grow our online presence globally.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading our cyber defense and IT risk portfolio across our exchanges and crypto trading applications. This role will work closely with our operations and development teams to ensure our software is fully tested and is highly secure.
You will be responsible for driving a small globally distributed team working alongside our Architects, Project Managers and delivery partners to deliver highly secure solutions and infrastructure and you will be responsible for maintaining our PCI-DSS standards, completing the SAQ’s, training our teams, securing our infrastructure and improving our security posture.
- Protects our systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognises problems by identifying abnormalities, reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining appropriate security controls.
- Keeps the business informed by preparing performance reports, communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following and improving our organisational standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- To be recognised as our expert in cloud-based computing and operation of multiple web-based applications and services.
- Matches the technical security requirements with the need to be compliant and meet our privacy obligations.
- Researching, designing, and implementing IT security solutions for company systems that comply with applicable security policies and standards
- Monitor all security operations and infrastructure
- Work across all functions to reduce our technical risk
- Implement new ideas and technology
- Audit policies and controls on an ongoing basis
- Champion cybersecurity for and to ABX/Kinesis
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in security engineering and design
- Experience in fintech and/or crypto-currencies a plus.
- Expertise in complex web environment
- Experience in securing API transactions including authentication.
- Practical experience with database security, content filtering, vulnerability management, and anti-malware, Data Loss Prevention, Identity Management, encryption, mobile device security, penetration testing, incident response, Security Event Management
- Assessing and managing security tools in the market and making recommendations
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and information security management frameworks
- Knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques.
- Analysing potential impact of new threats and communicating risks to the business
- Relevant Tertiary Degree (Communications, Business, Marketing, Advertising)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaborate within teams and across functions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Adept at communicating the technical to non-technical stakeholders
- Sound interpersonal and influencing skills
- Highly motivated, flexible, positive people person with a strong drive to succeed
- Committed to ongoing learning and development
- Strong organisational/time management/multi-tasking skills and ability to manage changing deadlines and work autonomously