About the jobCompany Description
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Decision Science organization at Square helps our sellers and our business grow by empowering decision making with data. The team provides Square with a variety of critical information such as marketing attribution, investment ROI, seller value, product behavior, and funnel performance. The team achieves this by building remarkable data infrastructure, analytics, data science, and machine learning solutions. The Ecosystem Analytics team within Decision Science plays an essential role in optimizing growth across the Square ecosystem, by conducting experiments on digital surfaces, distilling data into insights, and influencing decisions with actionable recommendations.
Data Scientist in the role will be working with the teams responsible for sellers' onboarding into Square ecosystem of products. You will use analytics, experimentation, and personalized ML to drive conversion and product adoption.
We want employees to be able to reside where they feel most creative and productive. You will be part of an org that works across pacific, central, and eastern time zone(s). In this role, you and your direct team will be primarily organized and operating within the pacific standard time zone. This role is open to all people who can be effective partners with this team, including sharing typical working hours.
- Work with product and marketing partners to improve our onboarding process thru data-driven techniques such as experimentation, analytics, and ML.
- Monitor and improve conversion, drive product adoption and cross-sell in the onboarding flow.
- Work with the product team to design and read digital experiments.
- Produce a suite of analytics and BI solutions that allow a wide variety of stakeholders to understand key metrics
- Work alongside our business, finance, and Machine Learning modeling functions to develop measurement solutions for the future
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analytics, data science, and analytical consulting
- Nimble with SQL, Looker, Python, and other quantitative analytics languages and tools
- Experience with designing, running and communicating results of digital experiments.
- Familiarity with the domains of marketing attribution, lifetime value modeling, and ROI measurements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical data to a variety of executives and stakeholders across the company
- Fluency of data analytics with the ability to independently contribute to technical output
- Ability to quickly and deeply understand our product ecosystem, business, marketing strategy, metrics, and models
- Familiarity with data warehouse design, development and best practices
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.