About the jobThe blockchain engineering team at Sifchain is looking for a talented developer relations engineer to connect with, inspire, and educate a community of open source developers who will help Sifchain complete its mission.
As a developer relations engineer you collaborate with blockchain engineers inside and outside of Sifcahin’s core team to design, implement, deploy, and support blockchain architecture. Your work would both directly and indirectly affect multiple blockchains and their auxiliary systems. You should be comfortable with the core primitives of blockchain, including distributed systems, fault tolerance, security, cryptography, networking, microeconomics, and performance optimization.
Prior experience with blockchain projects is necessary given that you would be communicating Sifchain’s progress with other blockchain engineers and community development forums.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about being at the forefront of a new technological paradigm and can lead the design and development of scalable applications.
- Manage Sifchain’s relationship with its testnet and betanet validator community on community-led initiatives like deployment on multiple cloud platforms, performance measurement, wallet integrations, arbitrary widgets and extensions, debugging, and blog articles
- Look into proposals from the developers’ community and provide assistance and technical help, as well as setting up grants when needed
- Field questions from the development community and provide answers from Sifchain’s internal documentation and developers
- Polish Sifchain’s documentation beyond what Sifchain’s other engineers develop for the purpose of easy use from external teams
- Manage an on-call rotation for devops engineers inside and outside of Sifchain’s core team to monitor the status of Sifchain’s betanet and testnets and debug in real-time as needed
- Evangelize Sifchain’s developer tools at hackathons and virtual tech demos
- Manage the developer journey from website to documentation to tools
- Build tools and tutorials for devs or champion them for our engineering team to prioritize
- Assist Community Managers in handling bugs, streamlining processes for bug reports and help in providing detailed issues descriptions to the relevant Engineering team(s)
- Support Community Managers in planning, setting up, and maintaining Discord and Telegram bots to assist community
- Attend and host industry best-practices meetings to share tips with peer cryptocurrency development organizations
- Create and edit developer-focused blog articles, emails, web content, newsletters, and other material
- Cultivate and grow a happy open source community across Sifchain various social media platforms and forums
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure Sifchain’s developer presence is attractive to engineers
- Empathy with the user experience for cryptocurrencies; including software elements like wallets, block explorers, testnets, 3rd party custodians, and node status visualizers; text elements like developer documentation and tutorials; and event elements like price volatility, feature announcements, and partnership announcements
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
- Desire to work on building things the "right" way to make sure our technical foundation is solid as we build on top of it over the coming years
- An analytical and data-driven approach to building and nurturing communities
- Independence and self-motivation
- Major contribution to prominent and related open-source projects
- Background in cryptography or networking
- Familiarity with Cosmos, Tendermint, or Thorchain
- Familiarity with the GoLang programming language