About the jobCompany Description
We're making a wallet for the next 100M bitcoin users. Our goal is economic empowerment -- starting with bringing easy-to-use, reliable wallet that helps people around the world own and manage their bitcoin, rather than having to rely on a number of tools and services that don’t work well together and are challenging to use for a wide global audience.
Our goal is to make the future of money intuitive and safe while enabling customers to build a better financial future. We're assembling a team experienced in an extremely wide range of disciplines, including business, operations, design, software, hardware, security, and so many other aspects of product delivery. Come build the future of money with us! Learn more through our newsletter here.
- Build and deploy tools to accelerate development of the hardware and firmware for a brand new product category
- Work with engineering and product stakeholders to determine what to automate, when, and how
- Write and maintain test infrastructure that makes use of hardware peripherals to simulate a variety of conditions the device will encounter when in customers' hands
- Develop and automate release processes for critical software components, including both internal components as well as in-field updates
- Contribute to the design of test fixtures used on the manufacturing line
- Support debugging and triage of internal and external customer-facing issues
- Enable anyone on the internet to build the firmware for our wallet product
- Leverage and extend existing internal infrastructure where it suits our testing and analytics needs - and evaluate and deploy third party applications where appropriate
- 4+ years of experience writing, deploying, and maintaining software and/or test systems
- Experience building systems for automated validation of software projects with many contributors
- Experience with at least some of:
- python or ruby
- build tooling (everything from make to bazel / meson / embedded toolchains, ...)
- CI pipeline products (jenkins / github actions / circle / gitlab, ...)
- Interest in applying your software development skills to all levels of our stack, from deploying cloud services to instrumenting low-level custom hardware
- Experience with test systems that incorporate hardware peripherals and/or are used for validation in hardware manufacturing
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.