About the job
In 2021, the global cryptocurrency and DeFi industry has lost over $3B from hacks. The organization's Halborn advises on security matters have suffered 0 financially impacting incidents. Founded in 2019, Halborn was born to solve the slew of adversarial problems unique to the cryptocurrency industry including but not limited to breaches, social engineering, stolen private keys, and economic hacks. Halborn’s clientele are top 50 layer 1’s blockchain protocols, DeFi & NFT platforms, and major financial institutions globally.
Culture is a top priority in our 100% distributed, remote organization of 60+ elite security engineers. We value independence, learning, never before confronted challenges, seeing the bigger picture and the ability to make big impacts in cutting-edge technologies.
Halborn is looking for a skilled DevOps Cloud Security Engineer who will be responsible for the infrastructure and systems, introducing processes, tools, and methodologies to balance needs throughout the software development life cycle, from coding and deployment, to maintenance and updates. In this role you’ll find yourself partnering directly with the back end and front end engineering teams providing DevOps and infrastructure related solutions. You’ll work closely with other DevOps engineers to maintain existing infrastructure as code and work with the team to provide cloud native solutions in AWS for the future.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field plus additional related college courses or professional training and four to seven years of progressively responsible, directly related, experience required.
- One or more security certifications or a CISSP certification would be ideal
- Knowledge of secure development principles and of DevSecOps
- Experience working with internal and external clients
Tech Stack + Skills
- Must have a thorough understanding of web protocols TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, TLS, etc.
- Experience with at least one programming languages (Go, Python, PHP, etc.).
- Experience with Git
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Knowledge of common vulnerabilities such as cross-site scripting (XSS), session hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery), OWASP Top 10, and other attack vectors.
- Experience with micro service architecture
- Production experience with k8s and service mesh, logging, monitoring, etc
- Experience with Terraform/Ansible to manage Infrastructure/Configuration as code
- Experience with AWS and familiar with AWS services, components and common architecture patterns. Nice to have experience with Azure, GCP, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD model and know how to secure the CI/CD
- Traffic and log analysis from a security perspective
- Familiar with OWASP/ SANS application vulnerabilities
- Experience with Secure Code Reviews
All candidates who make it past to the final round will be required to:
- Pass background and criminal record check
Our Commitment to Diversity
Halborn Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, education, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
We are unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of the employment Visas at this time.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Halborn does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Halborn Inc.