Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna's CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you’ll do as a DevOps Engineer at Akuna:
This is an exciting role where you will be given the opportunity to take ownership of projects and make them your own. At Akuna, we are constantly looking for ways to improve our efficiency as we continue to grow. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with our Trading, Development, Infrastructure, and Operations teams. You will help to set standards and policies, design and automate processes around application deployment, infrastructure provisioning, and monitoring of our trading systems, and streamline CI/CD processes. In this role, you will:
- Provision, configure, optimize, and monitor technologies such as Kubernetes (EKS and on-premise), Spark, Kafka, and other large-scale distributed databases.
- Automate infrastructure management and development pipelines with tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins and GitLab.
- Explore new technologies in the cloud-native/container ecosystem.
- Manage a globally distributed hybrid-cloud infrastructure.
- Work with Infrastructure and Development teams to monitor systems, clusters, and cloud deployments to detect errors and monitor performance.
- Adhere to the engineering approach of creating and maintaining supportable production systems with performance and capacity in mind.
- Work with Development teams to automate container-based deployment pipelines and CI Systems.
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- 2+ years of experience in a mid- or senior level position within a DevOps team
- Experience working with Linux in large distributed systems
- Experience managing large scale cloud deployment (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and hybrid-cloud infrastructure required
- Experience with orchestration, configuration management, and full-stack monitoring systems required.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tooling
- Experience with databases such as AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, AWS Redshift, AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, Postgres, and Prometheus a plus.
- Comfortable scripting in languages like Bash and Python.
- A technologist who is passionate about their field and able to show deep technical credibility to their team and the wider company
- Hands-on, collaborative working style, with the ability to build relationships with multiple teams
- Demonstrated experience taking strategic risks and pushing forward technology initiatives
Remote opportunities are available and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please note your preference in the application.