About the jobDescription
Bitstamp is the original Cryptocurrency Exchange.
Since 2011 when we started in a garage with just two laptops and some big ideas, we have been at the forefront of the crypto industry, driving innovation and ensuring that above all else we are human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, providing secure and innovative access to crypto to all corners of the world.
Our success has been always about the amazing ideas, talent and passion of our people and the disruption we have created together on our crazy crypto journey. We are growing faster than ever, creating opportunities where we find the best people and always looking for the next bunch of crypto-curious thinkers and individuals who want to make the next difference.
As a DevOps Engineer you'll join Product Engineering Team who are passionate about creating and optimizing the latest cryptocurrency trading platforms, helping to discover new practices in the financial world, designing and developing solutions for a global user base and developing tools for internal company processes.
What You'll Do
- Design, automate and operate production & testing environments/infrastructure and delivery pipeline (CI/CD).
- Work closely with engineering teams to enable quick and independent development cycles and fast product delivery.
- Ensure developed products are reliable, performant and scalable (based on product objectives / requirements).
- Effectively communicate solutions with team members and technical stakeholders (Architects, SysOps, SecOps).
- Review & verify proposed technical plans and changes to infrastructure; provide feedback based on the established cloud patterns and good practices.
- Monitor product related services, diagnose issues and propose changes to improve system's robustness and overall user experience.
On day one you'll bring
- Experience with IaC especially CloudFormation.
- Experience with provisioning / configuration management with Ansible.
- Experience with container technologies like Docker.
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure components (databases like MySQL, AWS loadbalancers, VPC networking, Redis / Memcache caching, etc.).
- Solid Linux fundamentals and administration skills.
- Familiarity with agile practices and lean development processes.
- Proficient in python programming.
We'll love it even more if you have
- Interest or experience with AWS.
You will fit right in at Bitstamp if you are
- A Creative thinker - a box? what box? there is no box.
- A Self-solver - you are resourceful and seek solutions through collaboration.
- Visionary - imagine what is possible and have the courage to take risks that will drive our business forward.
- Remote working/full time in Croatia.
The Benefits Of Life At Bitstamp
- A truly flexible working environment and an ability to work where you are most productive. Sometimes at work, sometimes at home, sometimes on the move.
- Access to great technology.
- Generous home office allowances on joining to help set up your home space.
- Long term employment, training and development opportunities, great company culture.
- Competitive benefit programs developing for each market.
- Industry mentors, and opportunities to develop and learn from others.
- Internal Gaming Tournaments and regular collaboration events.
- Bitstamp Cares 💚. The communities which are important to our people are important to us, and we are active in our support and celebrations.
- A VERY pet friendly office culture. We love animals (actually are kind of crazy for them) and celebrate the love and companionship they share with us. Please bring them with you to work (seriously).
- Delicious breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, coffee, tea, full fridge of beverages and ice cream in collaboration hubs.
Bitstampers are truly passionate about bringing cryptocurrency to the mainstream and championing independent investing with life changing potential.
We are proud to be leading the way in creating access to this next generation of finance and have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by driving innovation and ensuring that we are, above all else, human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, always strive to provide secure and innovative crypto access to all corners of the world.
This doesn’t happen by chance, and we believe our success has come from our belief in the power of being different and finding people who want to explore together, create together and support each other’s growth.
We have already achieved so much, and have our sights set firmly on our future. Come join in our revolution and be part of the Bitstamp story.