The role is open for Europe and North America only and requires working in UK/EST timezone.
Blockswap is a middle layer for Web3 multichain composability.
We Blockswap Labs is a major contributor to the Blockswap Network, building a suite of products to support the Multichain composability for staked ETH. Our team is one of the most impactful and knowledgeable in Cross-chain Communication. We are a very diverse, globally distributed team.
The company was founded by leading cross-chain specialists and DeFi engineers. We are a small team crushing the scene with a passion for DAO, DeFi, and NFT and a relentless commitment to extending crypto benefits to mainstream everyday users.
Our anchor product is Stakehouse championing Multichain ETH, enabling anyone from anywhere to have a permissionless ETH stake yield on DeFi and a key proponent of the Rollup-centric future of Ethereum. We have a laser focus on last-mile user onboarding, and our ecosystem has been growing from strength to strength.
We are a team of the world’s finest research engineering team with core expertise in multichain communication and DeFi. Our daily cadence is solving some of the most complex problems Ethereum and the Rollup ecosystem face. Being part of the Engineering Infrastructure core team, you will be exposed to advanced challenges-solving sessions in Blockswap labs.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Dev-ops engineer who is willing to work towards our mission: making Web3 accessible to mainstream users. We have a high velocity, collaborative, and distributed working environment, i.e., having a clear focus and accountability is critical for us and an attitude of making it happen. This is a builder’s nest; if you are a consultant or looking for slow pace work culture, this is not a role for you.
In this role:
- You will handle metal hardware, cloud instances, containers, sandboxes, networking, VPNs, storage, databases, caches, websites, monitoring, logging, backups, ETL, security of web services, CI builds, documentation, etc.
- Maintain full nodes for Ethereum blockchain ( Execution and Consensus layer) and its Rollups and ensure their reliability
- Stay on top of blockchain-specific monitoring stacks and help the team maintain our products’ monitoring and intelligence stack.
- Automation of infrastructure deployment, configuration, and scaling for all product suites and web applications
- Maintenance of monitoring, logging, and backup systems
- Development of continuous integration platforms and scripts, including our security tests and formal verification.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD for various tools and applications
- Responding to breakage and security incidents
- Author documentation and guides for infrastructure and tooling
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Production-level experience deploying and maintaining blockchain and hosted infrastructure
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), managing EC2 instances running Linux Ubuntu, and knowledge of Cloudflare.
- Manage identity and access for infrastructure with experience in managing sensitive credential management and utilization
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines like “GitHub Actions” or “Travis”
- Knowledge of Managing and Releasing NPM packages
- Previous experience in working with serverless architecture
- Knowledge of cybersecurity primitives and principles and the ability to implement them
- Ability to manage code bases written in Solidity/Node JS/C++/Python
- General dedication to the craft and excitement about the Web3 space
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Cryptography - ZK Validators, Ethereum Staking, Relayers
- Ethereum Clients implementation ( Execution & Consensus)
- Interest in DeFi/Crypto, MEV
- Experience in Fintech/Financial services
Blockswap is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace all qualified persons to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.