About the job
WisdomTree’s Digital Assets Paralegal is on the Digital Asset (“DA”) Legal team. The DA Paralegal is responsible for providing legal support for WisdomTree’s digital assets business, which includes its tokenization and blockchain related initiatives. WisdomTree’s digital assets business is an internal startup that expands beyond the firm’s existing ETF business and spans multiple different legal entities within WisdomTree, including entities that are, or are in the process of being, registered and/or licensed with various federal or state agencies. Such WisdomTree entities/agencies are expected to include (subject to receipt of licensure): (1) an SEC registered investment adviser; (2) an open-end management investment company providing “Digital Funds” (i.e., blockchain enabled funds) registered with the SEC under the Investment Company Act of 1940; (3) a limited purpose broker-dealer registered with FINRA; (4) a FinCEN registered money service business operating in multiple US state jurisdictions as a licensed money transmitter (“MTL”); and (5) a trust company authorized by the New York DFS providing custody (i.e., digital wallet), issuance, exchange and redemption services for various “Tokenized Assets” (collectively, the “Licensed Entities”). In addition, the DA Legal team provides support to internal business units in the development and deployment of the WisdomTree Prime mobile phone application, fintech initiatives (e.g., debit/credit cards), crypto asset indexes and crypto asset SMAs, among other matters.
- Provide support to the DA Legal team with respect to the Digital Funds, Tokenized Assets and Licensed Entities, including in seeking approvals and/or in maintaining applicable licenses/registrations
- Draft and review Board agendas, resolutions, minutes and other Board meeting items, including, with respect to the Digital Funds, 15(c) materials and related requests
- Manage and coordinate the internal Boards and Digital Funds’ Board reporting process, including assembling and disseminating materials to the Boards
- Act as a liaison to the internal Boards and Digital Funds’ Board and attend internal and Digital Fund Board meetings
- Prepare and/or review Digital Fund registration statements and related exhibits, prospectus supplements, periodic reports and other regulatory filings, including coordinating with external counsel and service providers as appropriate
- Lead the management and storage of all documents related to WisdomTree’s digital assets business, including the maintenance of agreements in a centralized database
- Assist the DA Legal team on product launches and special projects
- Promote the DA Legal Team’s positive culture and develop a close working rapport with other WisdomTree departments, service providers and third parties
- Support the DA Legal team in tracking and monitoring new laws, regulations and industry developments applicable to WisdomTree’s digital assets business
- Perform legal research, analysis and other duties as assigned
- The candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of 1940 Act investment company and investment adviser regulations; general knowledge of MTL regulation, digital assets and/or blockchain technology a plus
- Produce high-quality work with minimal supervision
- Strong project management, organizational and writing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to interact with personnel from all levels of the firm and with the Board of Trustees
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly motivated, very detail oriented and able to work independently
- Comfortable interacting with business professionals and service providers, including in a remote working environment primarily using Microsoft Teams
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with online management platforms (e.g., data rooms and document management systems (including for Board materials))
- Entrepreneurial spirit undaunted by the unpredictable, the unfamiliar or the unstructured
- Desire to increase scope of work and responsibility as needs arise and experience allows, and openness to learn on the job
- Successfully complete special projects and other assignments as required
WisdomTree Investments, Inc. launched its first exchange traded funds (ETFs) in June 2006 and, through its subsidiaries in the U.S. and Europe, is a global exchange traded product (ETP) sponsor and asset manager. WisdomTree offers products covering equity, commodity, fixed income, leveraged and inverse, currency, cryptocurrency and alternative strategies. WisdomTree pioneered the concept of fundamentally weighted ETFs and active ETFs and is currently an industry leader in both categories (as measured by assets under management). WisdomTree is the only publicly traded asset manager exclusively focused on the ETP industry. WisdomTree’s common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Market under the ticker WETF.
WisdomTree is a Remote-First organization headquartered in New York City. Fully vaccinated employees will have the flexibility, and, subject to their position, may be required to report into the office on occasion.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
WisdomTree is requiring all new employees to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. In accordance with CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after an individual’s second dose of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines or a single dose of the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine.
Mission, Vision & Values
WisdomTree is committed to delivering a better investment and financial experience through the quality of our products and solutions, and finding alignment within our community on our core values: WisdomTree employees strive for Excellence & Innovation, work with Transparency & Accountability, and show each other Fairness & Respect. We welcome the applications of qualified individuals who will support this mission and thrive in our collaborative and empowering work environment.
Learn more at www.wisdomtree.com
WisdomTree is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability and identity.