About the job
Do you exude passion for digital technologies and utilizing different digital marketing channels? Do you thrive at leading your team to connect with the right audiences by creating solutions that drive results? Do you geek out over analytical insights and strive for powerful brand storytelling?
We are looking for an experienced and result-driven Digital Marketing Director to catapult our clients and elevate our digital marketing team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Build, plan and implement the overall digital marketing strategy for clients and the agency.
- Develop and optimize process and systems
- Manage and train the rest of the team
- Provide briefs and strategic direction to lead team and influence creative output
- Stay up to date with the latest technology and best practices
- Measure ROI and KPIs
- Build robust measurement plans that demonstrate campaign effectiveness and drive optimizations for brand success
- Prepare and manage clients digital marketing budgets
- Oversee all the clients social media accounts
- Measure and manage online content
- Track client SEO and Google Analytics data to make recommendations
- Interface and collaborate comfortably with leadership and cross-functional partners to strategize and propel digital marketing initiatives
- Research competition, investigate benchmarks and provide recommendations for clients
- 10-12 years of Digital Marketing Agency experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies
- In depth knowledge of different digital marketing channels with a Proven track record of activating effective multi-channel digital campaigns
- Best in class knowledge and experience with online marketing tools and practices
- Support clients in developing and executing on social media management, social content, and community management
- Lead brainstorms with larger team as needed for ideation on social campaigns, content, products, and strategies as needed
- Serve as the primary client contact providing strategic counsel and owning weekly client status calls
- Lead and support new business that includes research and creative ideation
- Stay on top of the latest digital media trends and platform updates and evaluate how changes can/will affect our clients’ digital strategies
- 5 years of hands-on experience with SEO, Google Analytics and CRM software
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of content distribution channels for B2B and B2C brands and their associated metrics, specs, best practices, and requirements including media outlets, social media platforms, and ad platforms
- Expertise in and enthusiasm for social media and community building online, including in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, market trends, best practices, content development and metrics, and tools of the trade
- Bachelor's degree in media, communications, marketing or journalism
- Minimum 5 years of senior management experience in digital marketing
- Proven competency in taking client needs and creating successful digital media strategies and campaigns
- Previous proven experience managing content and copy for a range of online mediums
- Strong creative writing, researching, and editing skills
- Active profiles on Twitter, Facebook, and other social platforms
- Flexibility and comfort working with a remote team in a fast-paced, always-on, agency/start-up environment and schedule
- Superb project and time management skills
- Ability to work independently while maintaining constant communication with larger team and clients
Goals for the Position
- Increase the number of clients buying digital products from Spark Marketing
- Seek to maintain and improve ongoing profitability
- Grow and mentor digital marketing team
- Maintain excellent client relationships and provide near flawless work products to clients
- Manage outside vendors that support services while ensuring that when selling their products or services Spark maintains a healthy margin
Why Work At Spark?
- Remote Work Flexibility
- State of the Art Apple Computers and Remote Workplace setup!
- Competitive Trimester Bonus Program
- Flexible Paid Vacation Policy (We respect your need to unplug!)
- Spark PR covers 95-100% of health, dental, and vision for our employees
- You can also count on a company managed 401K, Flexible Spending Accounts, and monthly cell-phone subsidy.
From startups to Fortune 20 members, Spark specializes in helping technology-focused and innovation-minded companies transform their brands by bringing powerful narratives to life through public relations and integrated marketing programs.
The agency’s full suite of services includes content and social development, programmatic distribution and other forms of paid media, and data-driven insights to inform strategic planning and measure go to market plans. Spark also provides comprehensive strategic communications & marketing services for blockchain and cryptocurrency leaders. From guiding successful token sales to growing companies post-ICO, Spark has emerged as the preferred partner for these highly specialized services across the globe.
Spark’s clients are some of the world’s most innovative startups and industry leaders. Please review our website and peruse the variety of brands we have worked with over the years.
Ranked on the 2021 Forbes Best PR Agencies list, Spark has also been honored by Business Intelligence Group as a Best Place to Work. Previous awards include Bulldog Reporter’s Awards for Best New Product Launch and Best General Business Campaign as well as SABRE Awards for Software and Services. Spark was also honored as the Public Relations Agency of the Year by PR World in 2017.
Spark was founded by Donna (Sokolsky) Burke and Christine Hempel in 1999 at the height of the Internet explosion in Silicon Valley. Fresh off their corporate careers at Netscape where they helped launch the first browser that gave millions access to the Internet, Donna and Christine were well equipped to create a new-economy communications agency. Imagine getting to learn from industry experts that have been involved in launching so many world changing technologies!
We are excited to explore new opportunities with you!
Spark Public Relations is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Spark PR does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.