About the job
Role: All levels (Junior, Mid, Senior) Elixir Software Engineer
Requirement: Canadian citizenship or Canadian permanent residency
Salary: $56,000 - $140,000.00
Benefits: Extended health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week, permanent
Location: 1145- 1579 Kingsway Avenue, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 0H1 and/or remote
Contact: [email protected]
Mid-Senior Elixir Software Engineer
Catalyx is seeking a highly experienced, talented, and passionate Software Engineer who possesses advanced Elixir programming skills. If you are interested in joining a highly motivated and energetic team to tackle fascinating, challenging, and fast-paced tasks, let’s get in touch!
Catalyx is one of Canada's most reliable, fast and secure digital assets trading platform, specializing in crypto trading, blockchain solution, and cybersecurity technology! Our company was founded in 2018 by top talents in the tech and finance industry to develop features that makes it one of the best and easiest Canadian platforms to trade on, leading the way to a limitless financial system. Catalyx has the highest standards in security and compliance and is partnered with world-trusted names in Blockchain technologies, risk management and financial solutions. Catalyx gives access to 240+ TOP assets and markets so people can focus on creating wealth while their funds and transactions are secure and protected.
Job Description – Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in high-level system architecture and software design decision making
- Build new and existing features in our cryptocurrency software architecture
- Understand the inner workings and business logic that go into the Catalyx app.
- Work with other team members to define requirements and develop a new software product from the ground up.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problems, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and improve existing software solutions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical documents.
- Software debugging, documentation and testing
- Other software related activities as required by the CTO.
- 3-5 years of experience as an Elixir software developer (preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any relevant discipline of computer science.
- 1-2 years of experience working with concurrent and distributed systems (preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Past experience building and maintaining GraphQL.
- Past experience building GraphQL APIs, or advanced knowledge of REST.
- Familiar with creating queries using APIs.
- Familiar with Docker and AWS.
- Experience of working with cross-functional remote teams in an Agile software development framework.
- Ability to write useful and maintainable tests.
Who you are as a person?
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Strong awareness of concepts such as pattern matching, recursion, and behaviours.
- Well versed with concurrency and processes in Elixir.
- Skilled with Genservers, Tasks, Agents, Supervisors, and other OTP concepts in Elixir.
- Have a desire for maintainability.
- Passionate about designing and maintaining large scale distributed systems.
- Eager to build complex application.
- You are self-motivated; able to work within a project-based environment.
What can you expect from working for Catalyx?
- Joining fascinating projects related to cryptocurrency trading and blockchains
- Young, energetic, and highly motivated working environment
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Remote or in-person position, our office is located in Coquitlam, BC, Canada.