About the jobCompany Description
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We're looking for a senior communications strategist to join our growing internal communications team. Square internal communications is a team of collaborative storytellers, cross-functional information sharers, and humanizers. We connect, engage, inspire, and inform our employees while delivering a first-class employee experience. You will work as a part of a larger, cross-functional, communications team and will report to the Head of Employee Experience. As part of the Employee Experience team, you passionately advocate for an employee-first mindset.
You will play a highly visible role and will help power the internal voice of Square. Your primary responsibilities will be to develop and drive the communications strategy and content for both the Head of Square and for our People Team. You will have the unique opportunity to work directly with the Head of Square and will serve as her trusted advisor.
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-year internal executive communications strategy for the Head of Square; includes key communication moments as well as a regular cadence of authentic and inspiring messages
- Regularly solicit employee feedback, share insights, and provide strategic guidance on opportunities to inform and connect with Square employees
- Drive change management, M&A, and employee communications for the Head of Square
- Collaborate with our Square People team leaders to develop a comprehensive communications strategy and roadmap for our Square People team and support the quarterly Square People team All Hands
- Create internal campaigns and compelling communications using a variety of media and channels to increase awareness and engagement with key People programs
- Stay in tune with the voice-of-the-employee by regularly soliciting feedback, engaging in two-way conversations, and allowing information to flow in both directions
- Uncover the right channel mix, communication mediums, and cadence needed to reach and engage key personas
- Continuously measure the performance of your communications efforts, adjusting to optimize as necessary
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years experience working with and influencing high level executives
- Excellent writing skills combined with speed, flexibility and attention to detail; ability to understand and contribute to editorial planning across multiple platforms and an ability to turn complex ideas into stories.
- Ability to develop strategies and recommendations based on data and trends; regularly incorporate learnings into your creative process and output.
- Ability to switch seamlessly between high-level strategy to detailed execution
- Experience working cross-functionally, articulating ideas across levels, managing differing points of view, influencing others while maintaining relationships -- you're a collaborator!
- High aptitude for creative thinking, balanced against bottom-line business needs.
- Proficiency in measuring the effectiveness of your work
- Agility and can adjust quickly as new information becomes available or as priorities change
- The ability to design and develop effective communications using a variety of modern channels
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone C: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone D: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.