Aragon Association is a small, remote-only and humble team of people that span a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geographies. We're dropouts and Ph.D.s, craft beer and coffee lovers, living across the US, EU, Asia and everywhere inbetween while designing and building unstoppable governance tools for decentralized organizations.
Aragon Association has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework to build DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their apps with DAO functionality, and a decentralized dispute resolution system.
As a developer at Aragon, you will be building, maintaining, and innovating on the systems used for creating and managing the next generation of digital organizations.
- You naturally translate user needs into production-ready code. It doesn’t matter if you are delivering an SDK to a third-party developer or a front-end of a dApp - you understand that there are humans on the other side, each with their own unique needs.
- You take ideas from their initial conception, through technical design, implementation, documentation, deployment, and live maintenance. At each stage of the pipeline, you are focused on high quality, secure delivery.
- You are enthusiastic to coordinate across our various squads, and further deepen your knowledge of the ever-expanding technologies of web3.
- You are comfortable taking ownership of certain components in our stack (contracts, SDK, subgraph, UI, etc.), establishing best practices, and becoming the “go-to” point of contact. Nevertheless, you see the dependencies between components and are eager to help out your team, spreading and acquiring knowledge along the way.
- You are a natural collaborator. You use code reviews to better understand your team’s work, improve the quality of our commits, and learn something along the way. During daily standup, you know when you are needed and proactively solve your teammate’s problems.
- Significant experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as JS/TS or Go
- Proven ability to deliver software to real users as a full stack engineer, ideally in a fast-paced startup environment
- Solid knowledge of Blockchain architecture and/or distributed systems
- Experience working in agile environment, git flows, and are comfortable in the tools (e.g. Jira, Github)
- Excellent English communication - both written and oral - that is completely free of bullshit
+/- 3 hours from CET to ensure time zone overlap
- Experience working on open source projects, ideally in blockchain, cryptography, smart contracts, decentralized systems, or any related technology in the web3 ecosystem
- Experience with the other skills needed to be successful with our tech stack (Ethereum/EVM, Protobuf, HardHat/TypeChain, GraphQL/Subgraph, Solidity, Golang, IPFS)
- Passionate about the possibilities of decentralized autonomous organizations and the impacts they may have on how humans work together to solve problems
- Foundation in cryptography
- Competitive degen score
In return we try to create an environment and culture where we can grow and achieve together.
🧑💻 Culture & Perks
- We value freedom and responsibility - you'll form part of self managing teams who hold themselves accountable to taking us forward
- We're a remote only organisation but we meet quarterly around the world to build relationships and empathy to help power a new type of organisation
- We do flexible time, for real (Freedom with when you work, Responsibility to make it sync with your team)
- You'll get a monthly training / personal development budget
- We'll support you setting up your remote work environment
- Generous vacation allocation regardless of where you are in the world
The Aragon Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and the steward of the Aragon project, a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance. Talk to us at Discord!