About the jobWorking At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the people, tools, and processes required to deliver software with high productivity and quality. You are expected to build relationships through the organization with stakeholders, including customers, product managers, cross-functional partners, architects, external partners, and other business operations, to define plans, capacity needs, technical and infrastructure requirements, and execute to deliver the best technical solutions, while making sure that knowledge is shared across all necessary members.
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- Proven English fluency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years experience working as a Software Engineer.
- Strong leadership skills and experience; comfortable guiding technical teams closely and being a hands-on leader, with a good balance between people management and tech savvy.
- Experience with recruitment and interviews.
- Familiar with leadership, performance management, and feedback techniques both positive and constructive.
- Experience managing people and creating the conditions to keep them engaged and passionate about their mission and objectives.
- Solid engineering skills (e.g. design patterns, automated testing, fault-tolerant systems).
- Experience using open source tools and participating in open source projects.
- Technical leader with an innate curiosity driving him/her to understand all aspects of the development process.
- Ability to handle schedules and priorities and communicate appropriately about them.
- Someone who goes beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Ability to drive and assess high-quality deliveries.
- Goal-oriented orchestrator and leader.
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented mindset, conflict management skills.
- Lead a team responsible to implement and own the services the squad provides at the highest possible quality to the customers.
- Work closely with the team to define metrics, set goals, and track progress to ensure the highest quality is delivered from the squad.
- Coaching, development, and career management to every member of the squad.
- Accountable for the outcomes of the squad and the development of the team members.
- Communicate constantly with the leaders of Engineering, Architects, and other Engineering Managers to contribute to defining strategies, roadmaps, and direction of their team.
- Guarantee squad’s health and great performance along with resolving interpersonal issues and technical conflict both within the squad and interactions with the team.
- Prioritize the work within the team along with the product team to attend to urgent matters to succeed and meet the needs of Bitso’s roadmaps.
- To lead by the Bitso values and empower your team while contributing to the overall mission of Bitso.
- Recruiting and retaining top talent.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for a team of 3 engineers and will work together with a Scrum Master. The team also have two more Engineering Managers, responsible for other squads.
Who We Are
With over 5 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.