Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
Our Engineering team is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing organization. This role will have a major impact on the technical direction of the company, including architectural guidance, mentoring other engineers, evaluating new technologies, and defining/leading best practices. The Engineering Manager will also interface with other groups outside the company who are involved in blockchain adoption.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll get to:
- Rapidly develop a deep understanding of relevant parts of our technology stack and assume technical ownership of major components of our code base. Ability to communicate at all levels from senior leaders to individual contributors, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Quickly ramp up on relevant industry and competitive trends
- Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals
- Assess the ramifications of software changes and own risk identification/mitigation through effective software development, testing and deployment practices
- Improve developer experience by adopting tools and policies that raise productivity for the entire engineering organization
- Guide technical direction across multiple teams, including choices around language/framework, system architecture/infrastructure, best patterns and practices
- Demonstrate persistence when faced with roadblocks, dispatching them efficiently and pulling in others as necessary while requiring minimal direction/oversight
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, analyzing complex requirements and breaking down features and initiatives into tactical tasks
- Effectively navigate the trade-offs amongst MVP vs Enterprise-Grade, Time-to-market and in other relevant dimensions
- Deliver software that positively impacts multiple teams with sweeping improvements
- Own the team’s output, taking responsibility for everyone’s performance
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 3+ years of experience managing a product development-focused Engineering team
- 3+ years of experience building modern systems and services using tools such as Go, Kotlin, Kubernetes, AWS, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in the enterprise/B2B sector building high scale/complex distributed systems
- 2+ years of experience building scalable APIs, back-end and full-stack services
You might also have:
- Hands-on - expertise in multiple business and technology domains; a demonstrated understanding of core engineering concepts and computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, unit/integration/performance/capacity testing and other key Engineering competencies.
- Experienced practitioner of industry-leading best practices in Software Engineering, including modern SDLCs, code reviews / ownership, CI/CD/CT, online web application infrastructure, lean/agile project management, design reviewing and project planning.
- Highly effective at managing the accumulation and remediation of technology debt.
- Capable of establishing goals for the technology stack, identifying areas of critical need based on future growth and developing roadmaps to attack those problems.
- Able to orchestrate positive outcomes and represent the engineering teams in collaborating broadly across business units.
Experienced in mentoring and coaching individual contributors during 1:1s and code reviews to level up the entire team over time.
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Life at Paxos
- 2021 Paxos Year in Review
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Meta's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Mercado Libre Creating Biggest Crypto Market in LatAm through Paxos
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- Paxos Hiring 400 Employees in 2022
- Paxos CEO Discusses Crypto, Blockchain and the Future of Finance
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
- Paxos CEO Discusses How Blockchain can Replatform the Financial System
- BuiltIn NYC Names Paxos a 2022 Best Place to Work
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more open, trusted economy.