Who we are:
Zerion is the ultimate investment interface for decentralized finance (DeFi) and NFTs, allowing users to discover every asset on the market, trade at the best rates and manage their entire portfolio from one place.
- 200K+ Monthly Active Users
- One of the largest players in the mobile DeFi space
- $700M+ transaction volume year to date
- 55k Zerion NFTs claimed in a recent campaign
We believe in an open financial future: one where people own the assets and have inclusive access to opportunities around the world.
We're looking for an experienced and driven Engineering Manager to help us grow and solidify our engineering team. You will focus on people and engineering process so that we can continue shipping best in class Web3 applications.
About the role:
As the first engineering manager at Zerion you will play a key role for scaling and organizing our engineering team. We are looking for a person who can establish efficient processes and create a comfortable environment for everyone. We want you to focus on personal growth & success of every individual and help Zerion’s team reach its full potential.
This role is a great opportunity to contribute to the company’s culture in a pre-growth stage startup. You’ll oversee a team of cross-functional Engineers and partner with Leadership & Product Management to define meaningful metrics, processes, and practices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a distributed team of cross-functional Engineers
- Establish best practices to ensure a high-quality product & consistent delivery of working systems on time.
- Design, implement, and document product development, testing, and deployment processes.
- Collaborate with Leadership & Product Management on roadmapping, technical planning & prioritization.
- Grow engineers’ skills, experience and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy.
- Manage, support, and evaluate engineers’ performance.
- Maintain and strengthen Zerion’s culture of growth, openness, trust, mutual support, and care.
- Hire new talent for the team.
What we are looking for:
- Experience managing and scaling an engineering team at rapidly growing organization (start-up of scale-up).
- Technical knowledge to discuss issues, approaches, and solutions in depth.
- Passion about Web3 & open financial systems - preferable with tangible proof points.
- Desire to manage a fully-remote geographically distributed team.
- At least 4 years of Software Engineering experience.
- At least 2 years of Engineering Management experience.
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to do both long term thinking and short term planning.
- Experience working with modern distributed systems at scale.
- Passion about efficient engineering processes & practices and desire to foster an environment that creates them.
- Experience attracting, retaining, and growing great Engineering talent
You are likely a perfect candidate if you have:
- Worked at a growth stage startup with 50+ employees.
- Actively coached, mentored and incentivized team members in their careers remotely.
- Have passion for building products to the highest standards across many dimensions (user experience, performance, reliability, security).
- Have high emotional intelligence.
- Founder / Startup experience.
- You aped into degen tokens or NFTs and got rekt a few times.
- Experience scaling products through constant learning and experimentation, in fast-paced and rapidly changing industries.
- Interest in snowboarding, wake surfing, mountain biking, kitesurfing or other active sports.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across the world. You’ll also be joining us at the beginning of a new chapter giving you the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
- Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, startup environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You'll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space
- Salary & benefits: Get a competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited days off: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office.
- Distributed Team: Zerion is a fully remote team with team members all over the world. We believe in asynchronous collaboration, finding your own work rhythm, and a healthy work-life balance. We also have a physical presence in several major cities around the world to make remote work seamless and fun.