About the jobPaxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
The Executive Assistant/Program Specialist, Legal and Compliance Teams is the intersection between the Legal & Compliance teams and the organization. In this role, you will increase the Global General Counsel’s efficiency through strong project management, exceptional communication and your ability to drive projects and tasks to completion.
As an Executive Assistant/Program Specialist, Legal and Compliance Teams, you’ll get to:
- Work alongside the Global General Counsel, organizaning and aligning responsibilities to ensure projects and tasks are driven to completion
- Manage the Global General Counsel’s calendar, including scheduling meetings with internal and external stakeholders, interviews with candidates, speaking engagements, travel, etc.
- Arrange travel and manage expense reporting, tracking and reimbursement for the GGC
- Arrange and execute quarterly team offsite events, including researching and presenting options to the GGC, booking activities, securing reservations, ordering catering, creating and distributing itinerary to team members, etc.
- Develop team building initiatives for the Legal and Compliance teams
- Manage and respond to email and Slack communications on behalf of the GGC
- Edit, revise and rewrite communications to be distributed to company executives, internal stakeholders, auditors, law firms, regulators, external vendors, etc.
- Attend meetings alongside the GGC, noting all action items and ensuring proper follow up so that items are completed in a timely manner
- Assist the GGC on prioritization of the most effective use of limited time
- Work cross functionally with multiple departments
- Be an excellent representative of the Global General Counsel and Paxos when working cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
- At least 3+ years of experience as an Program Specialist, Executive Assistant, Chief of Staff or similar role
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficiency with expense reporting software, travel booking systems and task management software
- Flexibility and the ability to work in bursts of high intensity
- Experience working in ambiguous situations
- Project management experience
- Experience working with a General Counsel or other Executive
- Event management experience
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Life at Paxos
- 2021 Paxos Year in Review
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Meta's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Mercado Libre Creating Biggest Crypto Market in LatAm through Paxos
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- Paxos Hiring 400 Employees in 2022
- Paxos CEO Discusses Crypto, Blockchain and the Future of Finance
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
- Paxos CEO Discusses How Blockchain can Replatform the Financial System
- Built In NYC Names Paxos a 2022 Best Place to Work
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category