About the Company:
Currently valued at $1B and backed by leading investors like Andreessen Horowitz and Coinbase Ventures, Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team:
The Growth team is responsible for overseeing the launch strategy and deployment of Worldcoin in different markets. The Growth team also serves as the primary point of contact for local Operators, running Operator recruitment and selection, supporting Operators, and ensuring optimal performance. Overall, the Growth team is on the frontlines of Worldcoin’s ambitious mission of global, inclusive, and rapid distribution of the Worldcoin token.
The Growth team is broken up into two sub-teams: (1) Expansion Operations team and (2) Growth Operations. Both teams provide input into the growth strategy. Once a new market is selected, the Expansion Operations team focuses on entering that market, from recruiting Orb Operators to running local marketing initiatives. Then the Growth Operations team steps in, focusing on scaling within the new market by generating inbound and outbound initiatives to drive user adoption and improve Orb efficiency.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced, high-performing operations lead to drive Worldcoin’s growth in Africa. When Worldcoin launches in new markets, our efforts focus on finding and engaging Orb Operators –these are highly independent, entrepreneurial individuals who sign up new users – and running creative campaigns to generate awareness about Worldcoin. The Expansion Manager will lead a global fleet of Launchers, scaling Worldcoin in Africa.
- Launch. Oversee simultaneous launch efforts in multiple cities around the world, including identifying Orb Operators through creative marketing and on-the-ground efforts.
- Lead. Lead Worldcoin’s expansion efforts, including building and managing the Launch team from the ground up.
- Strategize. Consolidate launch insights to inform Worldcoin’s strategy for future markets. You will have an important voice in deciding where we go next.
- Collaborate. Work cross-functionally with the Logistics, Product, and Marketing teams to create and execute highly-localized campaigns.
- Scale. Use data and key learnings to efficiently and effectively scale launch campaigns to hundreds of cities around the World.
- You have 5+ years of relevant operations experience. You have experience running gig-based, supply-side launches from the ground up. Ideally, you have worked as a Launcher before and have relevant managerial experience.
- You have operated on a global scale. You understand what it takes to grow a global initiative to find Orb Operators in Africa.
- You have strong cross-cultural competency. You are able to communicate and do business across different cultures and countries and have experience working in cross-cultural environments.
- You’re scrappy. You enjoy working as part of a fast-moving, dynamic team and are willing to contribute wherever needed to make an impact.
- You can make high-stakes decisions. You are not afraid to make decisions under pressure that could have significant implications for the entire company.
- You’re innovative. You love coming up with solutions to unconventional problems and taking action.
- You’re an effective communicator. You have strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple, diverse stakeholders. Superior written communication skills are also a must.
- You’re analytical. You use data to inform your decision-making and know what kind of data you need and how to get it.